Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
i12345
Paper Tape
Views: 4,363
Message 51 of 64

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 Screen Flickering

I have the same laptop and same flickering problem. I found a way to reduce the flickering alot, by messing with the power plan settings

Right click on the battery icon right corner below-> click more power options-> select high performance and click change plan settings-> change advanced power settings-> scroll down to processor power management.

Set the minimum and maximum power state 99%.

Set the processor maximum at 99% for the other power plans too, green mode, power saver etc

100% gives me alot of flicker and 99% removes it all

This works for me, hope it works for anyone else.

Lenovoy50-70
Paper Tape
Views: 4,257
Message 52 of 64

I just had my Lenovo y50-70 repaired by Lenovo, so now my warranty is expired. When I got it back, I started to see my screen flicker whenever I open my cover. It's just for a few seconds, and randomly, and not constantly as many others.

ParnOH
What's DOS?
Views: 3,546
Message 53 of 64

Made an account for this on this forum just to say I too will not buy another Lenovo product. I own a 2009 vehicle and still get notifications about free-service fixes they offer. Lenovo should take notes, and look on how to make things right instead of avoiding the issue and unloading computers at a perceived discount, just to blindside you with their unfixable issues. Horrendous. 

Arnknuse
Paper Tape
Views: 3,416
Message 54 of 64

I have had the flickering problem for quite some time and also sent my laptop for warranty service two times resulting replacing motherboard and screen but after still had the flickering problem. I done all what lenovo suggested including update bios, driver and graphic settings and still flickering like crazy when using chrome or firefox. I did notice though when setting the laptop in safe mode and connecting ethernet cable instead of wifi that I then didn't get the flickering problem. I suspected there must be a driver or program problem so I begun laborating with drivers and found out that in my case it seem like the Qualcomm Atheros driver is the problem. In my case downgrading the driver to the  2015 driver "1wy906af" did the trick. No more flickering after that.

Maybe this could solve someone elses flickering problem.

ThanksForTheFix
Paper Tape
Views: 3,109
Message 55 of 64

@i12345 wrote:

I have the same laptop and same flickering problem. I found a way to reduce the flickering alot, by messing with the power plan settings

Right click on the battery icon right corner below-> click more power options-> select high performance and click change plan settings-> change advanced power settings-> scroll down to processor power management.

Set the processor maximum at 99% for the other power plans too, green mode, power saver etc

I created an account just to reply to this. I have tried literally everything in this thread, from updating my bios, to only using the nvidea GPU instead of the intel one, and finally, physically unscrewing the bottom of the laptop to reseat the display connection to the motherboard a couple times. I've been having this screen flickering issue on and off for about 2 years and this is the first solution with immediate results.

You just saved me from buying a new $1200 laptop, and I think you saved my sanity as well (fingers crossed).

Thanks man.

RemusRorschach
What's DOS?
Views: 2,919
Message 56 of 64

YOU DID IT!!

@ThanksForTheFix wrote:

@i12345 wrote:

I created an account just to reply to this. I have tried literally everything in this thread, from updating my bios, to only using the nvidea GPU instead of the intel one, and finally, physically unscrewing the bottom of the laptop to reseat the display connection to the motherboard a couple times. I've been having this screen flickering issue on and off for about 2 years and this is the first solution with immediate results.

You just saved me from buying a new $1200 laptop, and I think you saved my sanity as well (fingers crossed).

Thanks man.

I ALSO made an account just to reply with this.  This flickering screen issue has plagued me FOR YEARS.  I have searched high and low, tried every solution and was browsing to buy a new computer and put a hammer through this one when I decided to do one more search.  I stumbled upon your reply to i12345's post, tried it for myself and that was that.  No problems since.  Not one single flicker.  I can't believe it but it actually freaking worked.  Thank you so much!!  You saved me over a thousand dollars.  I hugely appreciate your persistance and help.  EVERYONE ELSE WHO HAS THIS PROBLEM:  TRY THIS!!

ba16
What's DOS?
Views: 2,674
Message 57 of 64

Re: YOU DID IT!!

Hi, I have tried every methods that I've found on the Internet and nothing has woked for me. The screen still flicker like crazy when under heavy load. Finally I realize that the screen flickers only when the clock of the CPU is over 2.90GHz so I get a Program named XTU of Inel, limit the clock speed to 2.90Ghz and the screen doesn't flcker anymore.
My theory that the Laptop's Power delivery is very badly designed, when the cpu sucks too much power then the screen does not have enough power that why it flickers.
Some people posted before why when gaming the screen doesn't flicker becasue the cpu clock is at base 2.70Ghz. But when the laptop is normally used, the cpu somtime boostes to 3.50Ghz and the screen blinks.
I hope my solution can help you.
nhd68
Paper Tape
Views: 2,542
Message 58 of 64

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 Screen Flickering SOLVED

I did again that trick that helps me to stop any flickering two years ago!

As stupid as it sounds, being half awake I agreed to install Microsoft “critical” updates that was collected from before, although I had restricted Windows Update…BIG mistake, the flickering is back again, real “critical” updates!!!

When this starts again I had used all the advices provided recently – reduced the processor speed to 2,9 GHz, readjusted the Power Plan to 99% etc – all in vain, until I got back to what I did the last time, some two years ago: I had rolled back the driver for Microsof basic display adapter (Device manager-> Display adapters -> Microsoft basic display adapter) and ONLY THEN all is ok finally, no flickering at all!!!

The driver that did the magic is: 6/12/2006 version: 6.3.9600.16384

ary80
What's DOS?
Views: 2,452
Message 59 of 64

its 2018, i have purchased my lenovo y50-70 in 2015, and i tried all the options given to me through the internet to stop flickering but non of them was successful unfortunately. lastly, i tried to unplug and plug after cleaning the cable behind the screen and fortunately it works for me and the flickering issue was solved finally.Smiley Wink

ary80
What's DOS?
Views: 2,451
Message 60 of 64

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 Screen Flickering SOLVED

its 2018, i have purchased my lenovo y50-70 in 2015, and i tried all the options given to me through the internet to stop flickering but non of them was successful unfortunately. lastly, i tried to unplug and plug after cleaning the cable behind the screen and fortunately it works for me and the flickering issue was solved finally

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors