Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonathonreed
Paper Tape
Views: 372
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Y50-70 Touch Headphone/Jack Port

I have a problem with this port other than it being very frustrating. I just bought the Hyper X Revolver headset, and since it is a combo jack I bought a splitter with the plugs for headphone/mic and the one end to plug into the computer.

When I plug it in, the computer shows that I have plugged something into the jack. The sound is working just fine, but the microphone WILL NOT WORK.

I have tried everything. Anyone else had the same problem with this piece of junk port? If so, how can I fix this?

Thanks!

stevepa
Token Ring
Views: 341
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 Touch Headphone/Jack Port

Do you have another PC where you can test the headset?  Those splitters are notorious for being bad/defective for the combo jacks.  Also, the detachable mic sometimes needs to be reseated a few times to work.

Also, it's not something silly like the mute switch on the cable dongle, is it?  Be sure to try that switch in both positions as sometimes it's labeled wrong.

Good luck!

hunkman
Punch Card
Views: 335
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 Touch Headphone/Jack Port

Most of the time the problem relies on the splitter, test your splitter on the phone by plug in the mic jack and see if it records the voice in the voice recorder. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors