cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
longstone
What's DOS?
Views: 622
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Y50-70 Touch Plastic unsnapping on bottom of monitor making it difficult to open and close.

Purchased my Lenovo Y50 in January of 2015. The plastic at the bottom of the screen and around the monitor hinge keeps coming unsnapped making it difficult to open and close the screen. When you do open or close the screen it sounds like the screen is shattering. Luckily it's just the plastic and not the screen. 

Has anyone experienced this? Is there a permanent fix? The laptop isn't used heavily and I rarely take it out of the house so for now I just leave it opened but I would like a permanent fix. 

ASalvador
What's DOS?
Views: 609
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 Touch Plastic unsnapping on bottom of monitor making it difficult to open and clos

This is a very common problem and I've had to deal with it twice on the same machine. There is no fix im aware of and it will most likely one day completely snap off from the pressure and remove part of the screen. I advise getting it fixed asap or dont open and close it. Funny thing is the first time i sent it in the laptop was still hard to open and close and the same thing happened.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 586
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 Touch Plastic unsnapping on bottom of monitor making it difficult to open and clos

Welcome to the Lenovo Community longstone !

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.  Given the location of where the screen bezel is coming loose I would suggest that you have the laptop looked at.  The continued loosening of the bezel in that area could be an indication of a loose hinge or a failing hinge.  Another possibility is that there is no slack in the video cable and when opening / closing, tension on the cable is pulling on the bezel or the bezel itself is just mis-aligned.

For the do-it-yourself person, you can find more information on your Y50 by reviewing the Hardware Maintenance Manual which can be found here........

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_y40_50_series_hmm.pdf

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors