Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
umairar
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,826
Message 1 of 14

Lenovo Y50-70 UHD erratic touchpad

Hi Lenovo Community,

I recently recieved my brand new Lenovo Y50-70 UHD laptop and right off the bat I noticed the touchpad was acting strangely. The pointer motion is not smooth, get's stuck sometimes and keeps fidgeting when trying to click on something. Other than this, the touchpad is exhibiting auto-clicking behaviour. The Synaptics application comes with a graph monitor which shows small spikes meaning the touchpad is experiencing light touch even if noone is touching it. Disabling the touchpad get's ride of these problems all together and the mouse operation works fine with an external mouse.

I have tried updating the Synaptics touchpad driver, played around with the sensitivity settings and have scoured the internet for anyone having similar issues but came up empty. The laptop is in it's first week of use and I'm already feeling that I've blown away $1300 for a device that's defective.

Please suggest a fix for this issue. I really love my machine and I would hate to return it.

Thanks,

Umair

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,779
Message 2 of 14

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 UHD erratic touchpad

Hi Umairar,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issues with touchpad in your Lenovo Y50-70 laptop.

Try to boot the system in to safe mode and check for the issue, also uninstall the driver completely cand restart the system, check with only the genric drivers, if the issue still persist then reinstall the drivers and check for the issue.

Click here for the driver for windows 7,8

Click here for the driver for windows 8.1.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists!

Best regards,                                                          

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

umairar
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,764
Message 3 of 14

Hi Ashwin,

Thank you for your response.

I will try what you suggested and let you know if it worked. Just a question though, those links for the touchpad driver you posted are for Ideapad U430. Am I to assume that the touchpad driver is the same for my Y50-70?

Thanks,
umairar
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,760
Message 4 of 14

UPDATE:

This did not resolve the issue. Uninstalling the mouse completely and letting it run through Windows generic driver makes the auto-clicking almost constant. It get's very difficult to manage. Please suggest more advanced troubleshooting. Thanks.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,749
Message 5 of 14

Hi Umairar,

Am really sorry for the wrong link posted, however thanks for the update. Check with reinstalling this drivers and check for the issue.

Also try to boot to safe mode and check for the issue.

Click here for the driver for windows 8.1.

Click here for the driver for windows 7.

Best regards,                                                          

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

umairar
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,711
Message 6 of 14

This did not work either. The mouse is constantly registering touch on the trackpad. I will try to post a small video clip of the touchpad sensor graph.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,684
Message 7 of 14

Hi Umairar,

Try to reinstall the operating system and check for the issue, please take a data backup before reinstalling.

Best regards,                                                          

Ashwin. S

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,610
Message 8 of 14

Hi Umairar,

Did you try reinstalling the operating system and check for the issue.

Best regards,                                                          

Ashwin. S

umairar
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,603
Message 9 of 14

No I haven't got the chance to. I called support and they asked me to send
it to the repair center. Dispatched it yesterday.

Biorocker7
Paper Tape
Views: 1,142
Message 10 of 14

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 erratic touchpad and keyboard buttons

I also had a similar problem with my Lenovo  Y50-70. I bought it new from a US seller on ebay in June 2015 and got it shipped to Ireland where I live. Once arrived and tested, I discovered a problem with the trackpad and the keyboard. the trackpad right and left click do not work well and respond when they feel like it and some keys of the KB respond only after two clicks. Called lenovo warranty team and they told me to send it to Germany. The guys in Germany made me wait 3 months and they didnt even repair the laptop, saying thy had ordered a part from the US but they didnt know the ETA for it and essentially didnt know if and when they would receive it, which I though was ludicrous. Eventually received it back after 3 months and decided to buy a replacement upper panel which includes a new KB and trackpad. Yesterday I installed the new part and guess what, same problem. I think that Lenovo has manufactured a number of these upper panels with some sort of malfunction.

Have you encountered similar problems with other such machines?

What would be the best course of action?

Vito

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors