Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regentix
Paper Tape
Views: 5,385
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Y50-70 WiFi issue

Hey everyone,

Recently, my Lenovo Y50-70 started acting up. All of a sudden, i could not connect to a WiFi network. 

Whenver i check devicemanager, i see this "other devices -> networkcontroller" which has a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it. So i figured... this must be the problem. 

Now whenever i check properties on this device, i get alot of stuff that i dont even know what it means. But the path directory to this device should be (it says this in the properties) ..\Driver\ACPI. 

I dont really know what to do now... should i just delete this device and reinstall? because i could not find any ACPI drivers for my device.

If anyone could help me out, that'd be great. Since i can not stay connected to this ethernet cable for ever.

I will respond to any messages, so if anyone tries to help me, we can find whats up.

Thanks,

Yves

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 5,305
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 WiFi issue

It sounds like the driver needed by Windows to communicate with your WiFi adapter has become corrupted, so you need to go to Lenovo support site here, select the correct Windows operating system for your system, use the "Pick a Component" pulldown to select "Networking: Wirelesss LAN" and download the driver and install the latest driver.    

I am not sure which one of the two drivers listed you need, but just try installing both of them, since only one will work, and the other will just fail to install.

If all else fails,

• Right click on the network controller under "other devices",
  • Select Uninstall,
  • Check the box to "Delete the driver software for this device: (if offered), and then press OK.
  • Reboot if prompted to do so, but if no reboot is required, just right click on any device in Device Manager and select "scan for hardware changes".    

Windows will then scan for the card, and attempt to install the driver.

Good Luck,

Regentix
Paper Tape
Views: 5,291
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 WiFi issue

Thanks alot! 

This was the driver i needed!

Top Kudoed Authors