Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Tesren
Paper Tape
Views: 470
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Y50-70 battery not working

Hello, I recently replaced the battery of my Y50-70 laptop because my battery wasnt working anymore.

I bough a new one online an I installed it on my laptop but its not working properly, when I disconnect the charger, after 1 minute approximately my laptop turns off suddenly. I tried a lot of things to make it work, I uninstalled and installed new drivers for power managment, I updated my BIOS, I ran diagnostics on my battery, but nothing worked, my laptop still turns off one minute after I disconnect the charger.

The battery model I used to have is L13N4P01

The new model i bought online is L13N4P02

The L13N4P02 model has small diferences but is supposed to be compatible with my laptop, so I dont know whats causing the problem.

Any suggestions are welcome

hamoonff
Paper Tape
Views: 433
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 battery not working

Hello. i have the exact same problem. i have a y-70-70 and its battery was swollen and i had to change it. mine too was L13M4P01 and i got two replacements that were both L13M4P02 (which like you said, should be compatible according to lenovo's support site). on both when connected to charger,  battery charging light would not stay on continuously, which it should. and when i dosconnect the charger it turns offimmediately  as if the battery was removed.

Tesren
Paper Tape
Views: 408
Message 3 of 5

I dont have the problem anymore, i just solved it

try solution number 1 from this website: https://appuals.com/fix-laptop-turns-off-when-unplugged/

also try using a different power plan, I am using the "discharge mode" power plan

hamoonff
Paper Tape
Views: 390
Message 4 of 5

Thank you so much for your response. I am happy you managed to fix the problem. Unfortunately i can't try it at the moment. I returned the battery and it will be a few days untill i can get a new one. I just have a question. This solution seems to only apply to windows environement. But i had the problem even when i turned on the laptop without the adapter connected and it would turn off as soon as windows logo appeared. I was wondering if you had this problem too and if it is fixed or if you could test it?

also I wonder if the problem also occurs on an other OS like ubuntu? 

rekhil47
Paper Tape
Views: 234
Message 5 of 5

i am facing issue that my battery swoellen ,then i tried to get new battery it  not working when connected when power unpluged it stops working and battery is not charging or discharging i tried all the way to repair it.

my battery in laptop was L13N4P01 and i am only able to find L13N4P02 battery in my country,but it says it is compactable with my laptop

my laptop is y50-70 and FActory ID is PRC4

MO:CB0506252A

MTM:59441905

model name:20378

please suggest any help.......

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors