Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fre3fall
Not applicable
Views: 250
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Y50-70 battery replace

Hello,

I have a Y50-70 and i bought a battery for replacement. The battery is an original one (from Lenovo suppliers). 

The problem is that now my laptop wont stay more than 3 minutes on whitout the charger in. Sometimes it doesnt boot at all! I went to the shop and changed the new battery with a new one, same problem. I tried to put back the old battery which is only 30-40 min capacity now and everything is working fine. 

Where is the problem? 

Auxen_Lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 201
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 battery replace

Hi Fre3fall,

Welcome to the community forums. 

Based on the description, there's an issue with the new battery. We suggest contacting the Lenovo Supplier for replacement. Once done, update the BIOS of the laptop. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Fre3fall
Not applicable
Views: 198
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 battery replace

Hey, 

Well i already tried another battery also new and i have the same results. Where i i can get the latest bios upgrade? On portal it is the one from 2015. 

Thank you!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors