Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khepra
What's DOS?
Views: 7,639
Message 21 of 28

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 black screen at random times

Are you still using windows 8? DId it happen again?

Lee2016
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,582
Message 22 of 28

I was never on Windows 8, always Windows 10.

I posted more details about my experience here:
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-L-R-and-SL-series/After-applying-quot-Lenovo-updates-quot-to-L...

Bottom line, after reinstalling (but not applying Lenovo updates), the symptoms of the blacklit black screen have disappeared.

Hope that helps.

Thrife
Paper Tape
Views: 6,270
Message 23 of 28

Little Information from OP here: I'm still using Win8.1 and there's no problem running that OS. Last time I tried it was beginning of march with Win10 1604 up and running but no luck back then. Of course I tried to contact Lenovo, Intel and Microsoft because one of those guys must know the aswer because of this specific problem but everyone just points to each other and don't look much further into this problem.

I'm nowadays even afraid of updating my video drivers, always almost praying to the binary gods that the next nvidia update won't **bleep** up my system. Luckily nothing in that direction happened under 8.1, only once (which was why I reinstalled the system back in march).

I've also removed the solution markings in my post in which I wrote that it runs smoothly in 8.1 because that's, in my opinion, not a viable solution to the whole problem. This model is still quite new and should run Win10 without any problems at all.

Soo yeah. I hope that one day a Lenovo admin will stumble across this thread and give us the help we're waiting for 2 years now. I'm working in IT too and a waiting time that long would break our necks because there won't be any customers left to keep us busy...

okybn
Paper Tape
Views: 5,835
Message 24 of 28

I have the same problem that you have guys. This is Lenovo Z 50-70. For a long time I had the problem some mechanical force at the beginnings was fixing the problem for some time (temporarily. I used this method because the device was bought from abroad). Eventually, I broke it.

Anyways, it was working very nicely after I replaced the screen with a new screen. But, today, all of a sudden the same problem shows up again and driving me crazy!

Highlighted
Thrife
Paper Tape
Views: 5,590
Message 25 of 28

Okay, OP here. I've "fixed" the Problem and am since Monday error-free on Windows 10. Thing is.. I bet you guys won't like the solution AND it's also a bad review for Lenovo itself.

I brought my device to a repair shop. They checked it from inside out and voilá: The switch between both graphic cards AND the controll unit for the fans was broken by factory which caused the black screen (the switch) and a damaging of the GPU (due to the fans spinning irreguarly and keeping it at 110°C instead of 80-90°C).

All in all it costs me 320,-€! For a repair which could have beein evaded when Lenovo wouldn't ship such faulty Notebooks in the first place. Just look around how many posted here saying they have problems or start a Google search and watch the many different videos on Youtube with users showing exactly this problem.

Soo.. Thank you Lenovo. Thank you for shipping faulty hardware and thank you for giving a **bleep** about this problem. Since when is this thread active? 2015? No reply from an official since - Good Game! (And don't get me started with the phone support...)

I for myself are done with Lenovo. This is my first and last consumer device. After a 1/2 year long dispute with the support we're even thinking of distancing ourselves from the business models as well. Lenovo isn't anymore what they used to be in the middle to late 2000's. They're big and sloppy and resting themselves on the good word they claimed ten years ago.

okybn
Paper Tape
Views: 5,571
Message 26 of 28

I solved the problem by changing the damaged cable
https://urun.n11.com/diger-bilgisayar-yedek-parcalari/lenovo-g50-70m-g50-80-z50-75-20354-20351-lcd-k...

it worked very nicely for some time and after some time; alas! Screen but is dark but working only the led light is not working.

in short LENOVO is the new REGRET.
REM16
What's DOS?
Views: 4,593
Message 27 of 28

I thought we were supposed to answer with a fix for the problem that would help other people who have a similar problem ? Your broken control unit is only a fix for your computer.
MarcinLas
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,033
Message 28 of 28

I also have this problem since 1 week. Lenovo ThinkPad T500, about 5 yeras old.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors