Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
borderlinemoo
What's DOS?
Views: 6,181
Message 11 of 28

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 black screen at random times

I had the same problem updating the nvidia driver didn't help. What seems to have fixed it is right clicking the Lenovo Energy Manager in taskbar, click close/exit. Problem solved: ).

Can take it off startup with ctrl - alt - delete then startup tab then right click on it and disable.

Elie1
What's DOS?
Views: 6,119
Message 12 of 28

Nope still not solved i still get the black screen even with energy manager off

Lee2016
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,999
Message 13 of 28

Did you ever get this resolved?  I'm having the same issue with my L540 and posted here:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-L-R-and-SL-series/L540-with-Windows-10-screen-randomly-goes-bl...

Elie1
What's DOS?
Views: 5,994
Message 14 of 28

Nope looks like lenovo is just brushing off the fact that they produce defective laptops.

Priyansh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,980
Message 15 of 28

Hi, I had the same problem as you did with the random shutdowns for about 4-5 months and all, I fixed it by backflashing my BIOS to v3.0.
BIOS v3.03 and v3.04 cause the random shutdowns. I've yet to experience a random shutdown after i backflashed the BIOS (It's been about a month now and I use my laptop a lot)
To backflash,
1.) Start the laptop with the Novo button (the button on the left of the power button)
2.) There will be a list , select Enter bios from it
3.) find Bios backflash in settings (its easy to find) and turn it on, it will be set to off initially
4.) exit saving changes
5.) boot laptop normally
6.) download v3.0 BIOS from here https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/9ecn40ww.exe
7.) start the exe with admin rights and plug your laptop to power.
8.) wait for a few minutes (it takes about 10 minutes) dont meddle with the laptop till then.
9.) all done ! Ur laptop will boot normally and say bye bye to random shutdowns Smiley Happy

Lee2016
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,951
Message 16 of 28

New information.  My laptop doesn't shut down, the screen is black (but backlit) and there is no mouse pointer.

However, I can use Remote Desktop to connect with the laptop and all of my applications are still open and functioning.  I can log into the laptop (blindly) and type into notepad and then connect with Remote Desktop and see that they keystrokes made it through to the application.

So the system itself seems functional.  Now to figure out what part of the video system is breaking..

Lee2016
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,940
Message 17 of 28

Additional information.  When I have an external monitor set up, the external monitor functions as it should even when the laptop monitor goes black.

Any advice on how to troubleshoot from here?

Mabbook
Paper Tape
Views: 5,871
Message 18 of 28

I have same problem 

Plz find my YouTube. Video 

https://youtu.be/PFMTrC1-yNg

Lee2016
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,853
Message 19 of 28

More information...

Recently discovered this issue began after installing "Lenovo updates" through Lenovo Companion.

More details here:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-L-R-and-SL-series/After-applying-quot-Lenovo-updates-quot-to-L...

khepra
What's DOS?
Views: 5,767
Message 20 of 28

Im having the same problem, sometimes the screen just gets black, but is backlit, i use it connect to my monitor via HDMI, and the it still works fine, usually i have to restart it so then the screen comes back to normal.

I dont think, going back to win8 its a solution, and i have read posts that ppl with win8 also have this problem, so 

Maybe we should have a clear answer from Lenovo. This was my first Lenovo, and maybe my last. 

Thank you

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors