Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Y50-70 can't even play CSGO at 60fps constantly

my lenovo y50-70 

Geforce GTX860m And Intel HD Graphics 4600

Intel  i7-4710HQ 2.5GHz (8CPUs)

Ram 8GB -> i upgraded it to 16GB

i already try almost everything?
and i can't even play CSGO (all Low) with peace

Right click nvidia Cpanel yea yea that stufff change to High Perfomance......

Buying a Cooling pad

Putting my laptop below my AC 

Resetting my PC

Buying a new HDD Seagate 1TB

Driver?? I Updated it Every time theres a new UPDATE

gosh.... what else ?

Temp?? oh yeah i having 50-70deg C without putting my laptop under AC

i dont want to waste $1500 on a useless gaming laptop that cant even run CSGO at 60FPS pls i also waste another $200 with the Ram upgrade and the new HDD........... 

Anyone?? help me..... 

Oh yea andd my Monitor's hinge Broke 10 days after i buy this freakin Laptop 

Pls someone help me i know theres something wrong with this Laptop I regret buying this Laptop but pls is there any solution?

just.. why? lenovo why??? i just want to play games with peace

Homin
Token Ring
Views: 710
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 can't even play CSGO at 60fps constantly

There are few things you can still do.

- Play with lower Resolution (ex. 1080p to 720p).

- Play in Windows Mode/Borderless Full Screen Mode.

- Make sure the game is running on Nvidia GTX860M, not the Intel HD 4600. (You never mention this... So, I'm assume you never did this)

I did have someone tell me that Y50-70 have issue on FPS in CS:GO. But since I didn't own the game. I cannot test it. But the games I've played in this Laptop can run at 60 FPS contantly ex. PSO2 highest setting (at 6 not 5), Warframe Medium setting (Highest setting can have FPS drop on ability/gun effects). Both game I've mention use some kind of FPS lock (on 65FPS) to ensure no overheating.

PS. Also, this Laptop is great with SSD. You should try it.

bassan336
Paper Tape
Views: 679
Message 3 of 5

sadly i did check that the game is running at GTX860M 

and SSD is expensive u know .-.

and do changing thermal paste help?

lukeds
Paper Tape
Views: 660
Message 4 of 5

It sounds like you might be thermal throttling which could mean bad contact from your CPU/GPU to your heatsink or bad thermal paste application. But yes changing the paste do help, I find that the MX-4 or the NT-H1 thermal paste are the best you can get but if you want over the top cooling then get Thermal Grizzly Conductaunaut which ONLY applies to our CPU in Y50 and Y70 as I experienced both liquid metal in GPU too and that doesn't work well because it doesn't have good contact with the heatsink so apply normal thermal paste on GPU and CPU or liquid metal on CPU. Their thermal pads are really bad too, I would change them as well, I bought the GELID GP Extreme thermal pads (1.0mm) on amazon which is a nice budget performing thermal pad. Make sure the pads are 1.0mm as those are the default and recommended size (from experience). Try cleaning the fans if theres any dust at all, also heard that the fabric filter on the bottom of the base really does block out some of the airflow but that would also mean more regular maintainenace for your fan. Be aware that using the Conductaunaut liquid metal paste has a risk of damaging your computer which means shorting your CPU/GPU out and won't be useable anymore so look at tutorials on youtube on how to apply liquid metal on laptop. I also have no responsibility if your laptop dies because of my method (liquid metal) thats your responsibility. Hope this helps.

Edit: found that your temp is fine 50-70c is great. I could only think of removing your drivers properly using DDU program (watch tutorial on how to do it) and clean install new drivers. 

Homin
Token Ring
Views: 666
Message 5 of 5

I don't think changing the Thermal paste help... Atleast, from what I know. Your peoblem should not have anything to do with Temperature/Overheat. So, change the thermal paste should do nothing. But sometime just opening and close the Laptop case can fix some problem... Nevertheless, I don't recommanded opening your Laptop just to close it... Inexperience user/technician can cause damage/permanant damage to the Laptop.

There are some very old game that no matter what you do. It'll refuse to run on GTX860M. Even when you set it to run on GTX860M, the card will still say no program running using the card. So, when I say check the game are running on GTX860M, I really mean it. Not just the setting but the game itself is really running using the card. This can be done with newer Windows 10 version when you open 'Task Manager' you can see the 'GPU Engine' tab. The CS:GO should say 'GPU 1' if it running on GTX860M ('GPU 0' is Intel HD 4600). And you'll see the activity of each GPU (and the name of the GPU) on the performance tab.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors