cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpbwin
Paper Tape
Views: 177
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y50-70 doesn't charge until battery hits around 10%-Leads to performance issues

Hello,

My battery will typically charge all the way up to 100%. Once there, it generaly stops charging until it reaches around 10%. And then the cycle repeats. Sometimes the charging will vary (for instance, at 6% instead of 10%), and will sometimes only charge to maybe 30% or so. Another case that happens is my battery will start charging at say 90% up to 100%, then stops.

I have had a previous issue where my charger stopped working so I bought a new one. I thought that was the issue again so I bought another one but nothing has changed.

*note-> I'm running windows 7 operating system on my laptop (I found it makes my laptop run faster then windows 8 or 10).

I'm a CS student and badly need my laptop as one might imagine. I greatly appreciate any help that I receive!

mpbwin
Paper Tape
Views: 108
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 doesn't charge until battery hits around 10%-Leads to performance issues

*Update*

I unplugged and replugged the battery back in and it appears to charge whenever the charger is plugged in. Could this imply that my battery is faulty?

Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors