Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
irocv86
Paper Tape
Views: 1,288
Message 11 of 19

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 has sharp edges and is cutting fingers

I'm having the same issue. Within the first week of having this laptop (Y50-70), I had a huge chunk taken out of my finger tip just from zipping it up in my book bag. And I've suffered several other minor cuts since then. Now I cringe every time I reach for this laptop. Unreasonably dangerous to say the least. 

Considering this problem, and that the backspace button resorts to the slowest possible setting every time the computer comes back from hibernation, I really don't even want this laptop anymore. 

Former Employee
Views: 1,268
Message 12 of 19

The Lenovo investigation into customer reports of sharp edges on Y50-70 laptops has concluded.

If you are experiencing this, and the laptop is not otherwise damaged, please contact Lenovo Servcie for support and reference Service TIP SF15-I0013/ HT103489.

Thank you,

Glouds
Paper Tape
Views: 1,253
Message 13 of 19

I contacted Lenovo Customer Support yesterday complaining off painful edges on the E550 that were cutting into my wrists and I was told that that sharp edges versus rounded edges were a design feature on all the newer models.

Glouds
Paper Tape
Views: 1,249
Message 14 of 19

I contacted Lenovo Customer Support yesterday complaining off painful edges on the E550 that were cutting into my wrists and I was told that that sharp edges versus rounded edges were a design feature on all the newer models.  The design flaw seems to be that the top covering piece of plastic is slightly longer than the bottom lawyer meaning any time your hand or wrists rub up against the overhanging toplayer you get scratched.  

JanKat2015
What's DOS?
Views: 1,133
Message 15 of 19

I bought this Levono Y50-70 last May, Ihave had at least 5 bloody fingers and thumbs! I am fed up having to be soooo careful just to use the PC!!!  What can be done????

JanKat2015
What's DOS?
Views: 1,131
Message 16 of 19

I also bought an Y50-70 this last May. I am so fed up and tired of getting MULTIPLE finger ant thumb slicing and dicing!  The edges are sharper than ANY knife I own!!!  This is rediculous!!!!  What can I do????

signed,

running out of bandaids and gauze

JanKat2015
What's DOS?
Views: 1,129
Message 17 of 19

right?! I don't get it??What the heck were they thinking??? I too cringe every time I reach for it!!
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,108
Message 18 of 19

@JanKat2015 wrote:

I bought this Levono Y50-70 last May, Ihave had at least 5 bloody fingers and thumbs! I am fed up having to be soooo careful just to use the PC!!!  What can be done????

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Sorry to hear of your problem.  Have you tried Amy's solution that was posted on 07/23/2015 ?

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

afranks
What's DOS?
Views: 821
Message 19 of 19

I am having a similar problem with my new Lenovo ideapad which is very sharp and painful on my wrists. Any suggestions for minimizing this?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors