cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamesbond007
Paper Tape
Views: 327
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y50-70 is charging but battery charge light indicator not blinking nor system detects cord.

this is my first Lenovo computer, I bougth it form a friend that was not using the laptop because he lost the charging cord and was lazy to buy a new one, I bought the laptop for 300 bucks, and managed to find an used cord for 20 bucks, the battery was dead when i pluged it in, but it did turn on when I pressed the power button and the battery charging indicator light was blinking, just as normal, the problem arrived when I discharged it enough that windows asked me to plug in the cord, when I did nothing happend (the computer did not recognize the cord on the task bar and the battery light was not blinking), I was worried thinking that the cord was not good (since it is the 90w version), but to my surprise, the battery porcentage was rising up, but the time remaining was not rising, but when it reached 100%, the time refreshed and all is normal now. the only thing is that when I disconnect the cord it jumps form 100% to 95% instantly.. What should I replace?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 176
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 is charging but battery charge light indicator not blinking

Hi jamesbond007!

Thanks for writing in,

Let's check if the battery charging status will show up if we uninstall the driver from the Device Manager. Open Device Manager https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026149/windows-open-device-manager Expand Batteries and uninstall the Microsoft ACPI-Complaint Control Method Battery. Restart the laptop afterwards and observe.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors