Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

02-21-2016

Romania

2 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Y50-70 keyboard big problem

2016-02-21, 16:32 PM
Hello. I bought a new Lenovo y50-70 some 9 months ago or so and a few weeks ago some keyboard keys stopped working all of a sudden. I DID NOT hit or damage in anyway any part of the notebook which makes the problem a real mistery to me. Keys like f g h sometimes a or d doesn t work. Sometimes F1 i or p and some numbers. At first the problem was only with D Then it went to the other keys as well. The shop from where I bought can repair it without cost but they will keep the notebook for about 2 weeks which is NO WAY an option for me since I need it on a daily basis for work. Please tell me what to do, I tried formatting/reinstalling windows but it didn't work
Options

12665 Posts

11-30-2015

Philippines

7276 Signins

749810 Page Views

• Views: 749810
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 keyboard big problem

2016-02-22, 17:38 PM

Hi anaspet25 , 

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Ideal to most business and school laptops are warranty upgrade from usual default Depot repair , warranty can be upgraded to Onsite repair where onsite technician would do the repair on your location depending on countries available . 

As such you may want to have your local IT to replace the keyboard and just have it sent out for the part instead. 

You can review the hardware manual for the guide .

And since it would be included along with the entire top cover , replacing the keyboard would be replacing the entire top cover that is why Depot repair is recommended.  

Uodate us how it goes. 

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

3508 Posts

04-02-2014

Mexico

2522 Signins

39849 Page Views

• Views: 39849
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 keyboard big problem

2016-02-23, 16:35 PM

I have to agree with Spidey, this seems like a hardware failure and possibly needs a keyboard or the connectors replacement.

You should send it in for repairs, sorry but you will need a backup laptop or machine to continue your work meanwhile.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms