Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xoki
Paper Tape
Views: 354
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Y50-70 keyboard warranty

So this computer is less then a year old, bought it in august 2014.
The A key fell off while I was using the computer. I was not able to reattach the key. After talking to the support at the store where I bought it, they said to send it in for repair. I did and now Medion who handle the repairs for Lenovo want me to pay for a new keyboard and labor.
I have photographic evidence of the state of the computer before I send it in. Not a scratch on it.

Does Lenovo not have warranty on laptop keyboards? 

Is there any written document with information on how long the estimated life span of a Lenovo keyboard is? What parts of the laptop are under warranty?

Thanks.

Guru
Views: 343
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 keyboard warranty

You can read through the warranty book but I dont think it will ever mention about specific parts warranty -

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_y40-70_y40-80_y50-70_y50-80_y50-70%20touch_y...

However, your keyboard should be covered by warranty unless ofcourse there is visible proof of mishandling of the laptop.

You can call Lenovo customer sevice and talk to a supervisor. This is not the official Lenovo forum and I believe you need to talk to a Lenovo rep.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Xoki
Paper Tape
Views: 325
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the help.

The computer was never mishandeled in any way.

Here in Denmark the official Lenovo reps are just forwarding me to Medion, not helpful at all. It seems like they only handle sales questions, all other support is apparently outsourced to Medion in Germany, which is a shame really.
I really need to talk to an official Lenovo tech rep – harder to come by then i thought.

Guru
Views: 321
Message 4 of 5

This is just my personal view and not in relation to Lenovo -

My keyboard was broken too within 8 months (probably due to heat causing damage). I ordered it on Ebay ($35) and replaced it myself. I dont trust any repair center, they can damage more parts for just a minor problem like a keyboard.

You should be able to receive warranty claim, did you try talking to the manager in Medion?

I am sure you need to escalate this issue, since these guys are looking unhelpful.

Let me try to find some information, while you do that.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Xoki
Paper Tape
Views: 298
Message 5 of 5

So I was lucky to speak with a very nice lady at Medion. She could see on the photographs that the computer was in really good condition and not mishandled. She agreed to fix the keyboard under warranty. So a good outcome after all.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors