Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
listva
Paper Tape
Views: 199
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Y50-70, pink shade screen and refuse with warranty service

Hello!

Y50-70 laptop, SN ########, it is still on the warranty then checking the lenovo.com website.

The problem with the screen, pink shades and overlay of images. 

But my question is about the warranty service.

I've brought the laptop to the nearest authorised warranty service center in Odessa, Ukraine. Firstly, they accepted a warranty issue and took the laptop. But the next day they called and asked to bring them papers (receipt or warranty card). Unfortunately, as I had bought it in different country and I moved few times since the day of purcase, I can't find these papers. So, the service center returned the laptop and refused to carry a warranty repair, despite the fact it still has an international warranty (it is going to expire in 5 days, btw).

What can I do? Is it a normal practice everywhere, or only in Ukraine? Honestly, I become really dissappointed with Lenovo products and service...

Mod's Edit: Serial number removed from public view to protect member from its unwanted use.

Y50-70, Machine Type Model 80EJ59445858

tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 189
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Y50-70, pink shade screen and refuse with warranty service

Contact the place where you bought it if they can provide the purchase confirmation.

How was it registered for warranty then without a receipt? If no receipt it defaults to the build date of the notebook.

You will have to talk to a customer service manager or service manager. But if they insist on the receipt that you never provided in the first place then it becomes your problem I'd say. The build date is used and if that has passed you likely out of luck.
Lenovo is very tough and will take any opportunity to void the warranty.
T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

listva
Paper Tape
Views: 184
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the reply.

I have already had a warranty issue with this laptop before, back in 2015. In the same service workshop in Odessa they replaced HDD, because original one was defective. And I reminded the servicemen about that case, but they answered that it changes nothing. 

I also called to the central representative of Lenovo in Ukraine, thay also didn't help.

I tryed to find any contacts of international customer service to talk wih them directly, but seems there are no.

tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 174
Message 4 of 6

Contact Lenovo tech support and get an RMA to send it to their own service center. That what they have us do hear. The rep will see the warranty expiry date in the system and accept it without further discussion on the issue. Normally a return box is sent out to return it.

Remove any person data on the HD.

listva
Paper Tape
Views: 138
Message 5 of 6

Unfortunately I can't find any contact information of Lenovo tech support, excluding a callback option, which is only valid for US customers. I'll appreciate it if anybody knows and can share their email or somethin. 

Thanks id advance

tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 132
Message 6 of 6

Use the Chat with the agent.
Explain the problem and get a usable phone number from them for your country. Lenovo doesn't make it easy. I don't know why so many still buy their products. They should have a ship to address in your area. Chat will be able to get the info or someone in Lenovo you can talk to.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors