Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LKrasus
Paper Tape
Views: 163
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y50-70, problem with sound levels from more than one source

I'm not sure if this is a problem or something that was done on purpose, but i want to get rid of it. 

The problem with sound occurs when you have two things making sound open. It can be 2 tabs in a browser, movie player and browser, game and movie player etc. The thing that was opened first is on a normal sound level, but the other thing is muted by at least half. All my drivers are up to date and i have Realtek installed. Pls help, cause it's annoying as hell.

Homin
Token Ring
Views: 118
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y50-70, problem with sound levels from more than one source

I did not encounter this problem for a long time, but I will try to help as much as I can.

Firstly, I did encounter this problem when I still using windows 8.1 but after windows 10 update I think the problem is solve? I really can't remember how long this problem is solve. But I think around a year ago. Which is about the Windows 10 update. If you are using windows 10 and encounter this problem, maybe they still not fixed.

Next, I used lastest driver from Lenovo website. Which is version 6.0.1.7514 driver date is 19 May 2015. If you are using driver from Realtek website, maybe you want to tryusing the driver from Lenovo website and see if problem is solve. Also, I did remember I used Realtek website Driver because Lenovo did not have Stereo Out as input device. But they have now... So, I did not used Realtek driver since then.

Finally, I don't know if this is related. But I have my communications auto adjust volume to 'Do nothing'. Normally, it is set to reduce other sounds to 80%. Since I use skype and play music at the same time (that is why I want Stereo Out as input device) to send to other end, I have to set this options to 'Do nothing' and have other sound at full volume.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors