cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter_Emad
Paper Tape
Views: 763
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Y50-70 recovery partition has been damaged!!

I'm trying to use one key recovery to re-install windows 8.1 that came with it but I keep getting this message "one key recovery partition has damaged so do not launch the main application" and I can't get anywhere, I realized that this has happened because I resized the partitions when i first got my laptop but I'm trying to fix it now i'm including a screenshot of my partitions and disk management , so if anyone could tell me what to modify on the partitions types because I don't know what the original ones were and also is it normal that the recovery partition is 100% free because I read on some threads that's normal, so is it?

if anyone can help me I'd really appreciate it. Smiley Happy

Partitions Screenshot

Disk Management Screenshot

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 742
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 recovery partition has been damaged!!

@Peter_Emad wrote:

I'm trying to use one key recovery to re-install windows 8.1 that came with it but I keep getting this message "one key recovery partition has damaged so do not launch the main application" and I can't get anywhere, I realized that this has happened because I resized the partitions when i first got my laptop but I'm trying to fix it now i'm including a screenshot of my partitions and disk management , so if anyone could tell me what to modify on the partitions types because I don't know what the original ones were and also is it normal that the recovery partition is 100% free because I read on some threads that's normal, so is it?

if anyone can help me I'd really appreciate it. Smiley Happy

Partitions Screenshot

Disk Management Screenshot

There are several threads in the forum that discusses some procedures on how to make OKR work after resizing the partitions. Why not search for them?

Peter_Emad
Paper Tape
Views: 741
Message 3 of 4

I did but none of them worked for me , I changed the types of partitions as instructed on some threads but still have the same issue.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 710
Message 4 of 4

@Peter_Emad wrote:

I did but none of them worked for me , I changed the types of partitions as instructed on some threads but still have the same issue.

I think if I remember right all you have to do is just change the id number of the partitions. Although I haven't done it myself but that is what is claimed by the authors.

Top Kudoed Authors