Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eron2894
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,332
Message 1 of 11

Lenovo Y50-70 screen problem

Hello.

Recently, i have bought the Lenovo Y50-70 laptop and it seems that there is some screen problem. I have a feeling that it does flicker sometimes (1-2 per hour, sometimes more). Firstly, I thought that the backlight changes for a second, but then, after more observation, it might be it turning off and on immediately, or the colours fade and return to normal. I can't say for sure, what it is, because it happens very quickly, but the eye catches it anyway and it is kind of annyoing. Moreover, once the screen went completely crazy, it started to turn off and on every 2-3 seconds, big portions of view weren't even displayed, and what wasn't displayed changed every time it turned off and on. There were also green and red dots moving all over, mouse was moving in slowmotion (like I were playing a game in 15 fps). Only the restart helped and it stopped. So the question is, what is wrong and what am I supposed to do?

Sorry, if the english is bad, but it isn't my native language.

eron2894
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,266
Message 2 of 11

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 screen problem

Ok, so I guess noone knows what the issue is, neither do I, sadly. I have another question: if I send the laptop back to lenovo to repair, are they actually going to do something with this or they will look at the screen and say that it works properly (the flashing happens randomly, 1-10 times per hour and let's say they won't notice that) and maybe reinstall the drivers, which I know won't help? Another question, if I open up the laptop to try to tighten the LCD cable to motherboard, which I read that it might be the issue, will I lose my warranty?

I would appreciate any answers.

SubhamSatyajeet
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,254
Message 3 of 11

I think I know what the problem is.
Right-click on your computer and go to Graphics Properties.

Choose Power.

On the top-left corner of the screen, you'll see a dropdown. Use it to toggle between Plugged In and On Battery. For both of those modes, turn off Extend Battery Life for Gaming and Display Power Saving Technology.

You should be good to go. No flickering should occur.
eron2894
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,246
Message 4 of 11

Thank you for your resposne. You mean the Intel HD Graphics? If so, I don't have any of those options there. Only thing I can do there, is to change power plans (I have maximum performance on) and automatic brightness controll (I have it turned off too). Maybe those 2 options are on and the flickering is caused by them, but I don't know where to find them and turn them off.

AashishK
Paper Tape
Views: 7,224
Message 5 of 11

i have the exact same problem
eron2894
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,200
Message 6 of 11

Well, at least I'm not the only one, so there is something definetely going on... Are you going to send it back to lenovo?

Recently, I have a feeling, that flashing occurs more often when I'm playing games than using the Intel graphics. I wish it'd stop, I'm getting more and more annoyed every day. I actually hope that it starts happening even more often so I can send it back and they will notice for sure that something is wrong.

eron2894
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,113
Message 7 of 11

So in addition to the flashing, this weird problem appeared again and I recorded this: https://youtu.be/MvWJHowbTPE

Any ideas what could be causing this?

antkzn
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,105
Message 8 of 11

I live in South Africa. Bought the notebook on 14 July 2015, within 2 weeks I started experiencing the screen flickering and grey lines. I was told by Lenovo to roll back drivers, then update drivers etc. - nothing worked.

I returned the laptop to the supplier who in turn sent it to Lenovo. Lenovo has offered to replace the unit. I am hesitant to accept another unit and am thinking of rather getting a refund so that I can buy an Acer Aspire V Nitro (same specs). My previous laptop was an Acer and did not give me a day's trouble.

Don't bother trying to update drivers or open the screen to plug it into the motherboard etc. I think the issue is a power supply one and that Lenovo should do a recall of this product.

I am just thankful that South Africa has consumer law which forces a supplier to replace, repair or refund a defective product within 6 months from purchase if the consumer wants - so they can't simply repair, if I want a refund, they must give me one.

Good luck! PS: This was my first and last Lenovo product!

eron2894
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,080
Message 9 of 11

I tried reinstalling drivers too, but I don't think this is drivers fault as flashing happens while using Intel Graphics and Nvidia one. I understand you completely, Acer was also my last laptop and altough it is around 5 years old, I didn't have one problem with it.  I think I will wait some more time, since I have a feeling that flashing is happening more and more often everty day, and then I will send it back. This was also my first lenovo product and maybe the last one.

Komkor
What's DOS?
Views: 5,497
Message 10 of 11

Yes i have the same problem, but i m using win 7 64 bit. I testted  my pc with lenovo solution center and there is no problem occured. is it operating system and related driver probem ?

Bue screeen is randomly occur not all time, some time i use my pc nearly one week without blue screen, but sometimes 5 blue screeen a day.

i don't understand why doing this. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors