Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 5 (14,423 Views)

Lenovo Y50-70 temperature problem

[ Edited ]

Is it normal to have 60C CPU temperature whole time (idle and normal load) on the lenovo y50? 

And also my motherboard temperature is quite high too ( higher then the CPU for some reason), which is like 60 - 65 all the time even when on 1-5 % CPU load. 

I tried stress testing the CPU and GPU and the motherboard temperature went over 80C while the CPU temperature was 78 - 80. This is really wired because 4 of my friends have excatly the same laptop, but they aint getting so high temperatures on idle, normal usage and full load. I feel like something is wrong with mine? What should I do?

While they do get 30 - 55 , mine is 55 - 65 all day. 

Skjermbilde.PNG

What's DOS?
Message 2 of 5 (14,242 Views)

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 temperature problem

I've had the same temperature differences between my lenovo and some of my friends. So I've looked in the laptop at a few programs that were pre-installed and I've found one of them that controls the heat and how much power your laptop delivers. It's called ''Energy Manager'' 

In the energy manager there are multiple options to choose from (4 to be exact) 1 means Download mode, which is perfect when you're downloading something of high size but you don't want your laptop to consume lots of power and make noise. 2nd is low performance mode, It's highly recommendable if you're going somewhere but you can't always have your laptop plugged in so this mode enables to make everything run a bit slower for longer battery life. The 3rd mode is medium performance, it only uses maximal performance on the program you're currently working on. And final the 4th High performance mode, it will allow max performance for your cpu and gpu which means higher temperatures.

I'm guessing that your lenovo y50's Energy Manager is turned to High performance while your friends got low performance. It makes around 10-20 degrees a difference not that much. I first noticed this when I was gaming and my fps was very slow in comparison to my friend who was playing the exact same game. 

I hope this helped you with your ''problem'' if you're still getting temperature problems it can be one of those lenovo's that got a bad fan or the enviremont is bad for the lenovo to get enough fresh air.

With kinds regards,

ThaNightMare

Paper Tape
Message 3 of 5 (14,240 Views)

Hi and thanks for your reply!

I am studying computer engineer ( started this year ) so I know these stuff Smiley Happy

All of us tried with balanced performance in same room. This is really awkward but all of them had much lower temperatures. I dont feel like my laptop is 60C. Maybe it is just the sensur?

I guess I have to live with it. Sending it to the support will take years. 

Anyways thanks Smiley Happy

What's DOS?
Message 4 of 5 (14,225 Views)

Yeah, my laptop gets pretty hot too while others have lower temperaturs, I doesn't bother me though since nothing overheats while gaming. 

Fanfold Paper
Message 5 of 5 (116 Views)

Check the vrms next to the cpu,they could be rapidly overheating causing the high motherboard temperatures.

Top kudoed Authors