cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ductran96
Fanfold Paper
Views: 975
Message 11 of 18

Re: Lenovo Y50 BIOS Recovery/Reset method needed HELP!!

A bit off the topic: My Y50-70 crash when waking from sleep mode. Been trying to reinstall whole windows, rollback to 8.1, then upgrade to 10,tried all versions of Intel  MEI drivers, tried backflashing older bios versions like 1.13 1.14 but to no luck. My man, should I follow your steps?

It's not brick yet tho T__T Have to enable hibernation and use that as a substitute of sleeping

Mod's Edit: Please keep in mind that these forums are accessed by people of all ages. Profanity, implied profanity or attempted profanity by circumventing the profanity filter is prohibited by the Community Guidelines and have been removed.

Koni5560
Fanfold Paper
Views: 969
Message 12 of 18

You could definitely try backflashing. A sleep problem could be caused by something witht the BIOS. I can't be sure however. If a clean windows install doesn't fix it, I'm not sure  a BIOS reflash will. But it's worth a shot. 

Kal-eb
What's DOS?
Views: 762
Message 13 of 18

I tried the first option commented here

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1734147/comments/604

and it worked!

manav219
What's DOS?
Views: 679
Message 14 of 18

Thanks Koni,

Your tips were a great help.

I had been facing issues for almost 3 months.

Honestly, Lenovo laptops are pathetic, and I'm sure I'm never gonna buy or suggest one to anyone ever. They know there are problems, they are reported repeatedly yet no action is taken.

I have been facing regular issues, starting with broken hinges as they dried out (a very common issue), then a screens crash because of hinges, after that suddenly the battery died (another common issue) one day and costs a bloody 250$.

And now this BIOS issue (again reported repeatedly).

Your tips really helped me man.

Thanks once again.

Jacup
What's DOS?
Views: 594
Message 15 of 18

Unfortunately this method don't worked for me...

I did all steps as you, BIOS was flashing (beeped for ~2mins) and nothing changed at all.

My BIOS still don't remember settings, it still do not read USB... Any other tested solutions?

Torben1988
Blue Screen Again
Views: 380
Message 16 of 18

@Koni5560 I can't believe it. You saved my laptop! I wasn't able to use it since November 2017 and now I wanted to give it another try, because my replacement PC was annoying me too much and then I found your post. Thanks a lot! Smiley Happy

This was my problem: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y50-70-No-BIOS-screen-clicking-popping-sound-fr...
Koni5560
Fanfold Paper
Views: 307
Message 17 of 18

I'm really glad it worked, pay it forward man.

Stardidi
What's DOS?
Views: 146
Message 18 of 18

Absolute hero!

Had the same issue, and this solution worked perfectly and there is no way I'd have thought of this. A few notes:

- The .exe I unpacked contained a file called WinZIVY2X64_8M.rom, so I apart from your name variants I also created WinZIVY2X64_8M.BI/BIN/ROM/WPH

- Easier way to rename these files it to open command prompt in that folder and type 

echo f | xcopy WinZIVY2X64.ROM WinZIVY2X64.BIN

Where the second name is your destination. Simpy hit up arrow, change the extension and run it again

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors