Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deja42
Fanfold Paper
Views: 714
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Y50 Battery Charging

Hey guys I have a lenovo y50-70 gtx 960m, the model name is 20378, mtm:59418226
My battery won't charge.. i'm looking to replace the ct cables. I took mine out, the color of the cords is black red and white . This part https://lenovo.encompass.com/item/10202989/Lenovo/5C10F78825/Ct_Cables_Internal looks indentical to what I have in my computer except the colour of the cables is different. Can I use this in my model? My model isn't listed on the website at all, for any parts. 59421855 is the oldest one on the list, so mine appears to be a bit older.. what do you guys think? 

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 689
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Y50 Battery Charging

The image for the part looks like it is also black red and white (perhaps with a slight blue tint) and is for the Type 8OEJ series, which your model is as well.   

Below are some Image of the same part from Lenovo System Service Parts lookup page which also appear to have a bluish tint, but the color of the sensor wire should not matter.

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

I saw the image you posted here, and it sure looks like the same part to me, other than the color of the white/bluish wire.   

Red wires are hot wires, black are the ground wires, and the white/blue wire is the sensor wire.   The sensor wire should should go to the center pin of the connector.   It is the sensor wire that tells the laptop that it is connected to proper power supply, and if not connected, it will not charge the battery and the processor may throttle down as well.  

Lenovo power plug diagram

I think you are OK with using the part listed for the other TYPE 80EJ models 

Good Luck,

deja42
Fanfold Paper
Views: 684
Message 3 of 4

thank you for answering. One last question, do I have to run the cable under the mobo or can it go over top? Seems like a task to get it under there. 

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 682
Message 4 of 4

It is probably a good idea to follow the path used originally, but if you can route the cable so that will not be pinched or interfere with replacing the cover, you should be OK.     

Be aware, however, that power cables can cause interference with display signals etc, so keep that in mind while while routing the cable.   

Best of luck, 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors