cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pico123
Paper Tape
Views: 501
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Y50 Battery is not getting charged above 10% .

Need Help !

My Lenovo Y50's battery is not getting charged above 10% ( STUCK AT 10%) . If i unplug the charger from laptop or if i unplug the plug from power socket the LAPTOP GETS TURNED OFF ONSPOT. I Bought this laptop just last month :'( 

I always need to use this lappy on AC direct power since last few hours plz help me getting this fixed. s

Secondly i face a lot of FPS Drops on this lappy while playing Games like FarCry 4 , CS GO , COD Adwance warfare etc. THe FPS gets down form 60 to 15-25 Smiley Sad 

I didnt expected this much earlier : (

Plz can anyone help me out here. 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 479
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Y50 Battery is not getting charged above 10% .

hi pico123,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

For the battery problem, can you try to do a cold shutdown, charge the battery while the computer is off and observe the battery light indicators.

- Link to picture

As for the FPS drop, try to:

1. Uninstall the Intel Display Driver and use Display Driver Uninstaller to remove the Nvidia display driver.

2. Set the power settings to High Performance and follow this guide on how to disable automatic driver installation.

3. Reinstall the following drivers (in order):

1st:

Intel Video Driver for Windows 8.1 (64-bit) - Lenovo Y50-70, Y50-70 Touch

2nd:

Nvidia Video Driver for Windows 8.1 (64-bit) - Lenovo Y50-70, Y50-70 Touch

4. Set the Nvidia GPU as the preferred graphics processor and set the GPU power saving mode to Maximum Performance.

- Link to picture

- Link to picture

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

pico123
Paper Tape
Views: 460
Message 3 of 5

I did try to charge laptop while its turned off for more than 4 hours still nothing happens. Just showing 8% battery charged. And Indicator status is on orange light. The power indicator is on white 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 452
Message 4 of 5

hi pico123,

If the battery still doesn't charge while the computer is off then this is a sign that it's failing. I recommend you contact lenovo and report the issue as you may need to get the battery replaced.

Support phone list

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

pico123
Paper Tape
Views: 430
Message 5 of 5

Raised a complaint request . Service people told part will be replaced within Next week. 

Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors