Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gibsonsg91
Paper Tape
Views: 1,300
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y50 - Custom Resolution for External Display via HDMI

Hi, I have a Y50 (non-touch) and I am unable to find nor create the proper custom resolution through the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel (4600) for my external monitor (Monoprice IPS Zero G).

On my previous and much older laptop, I was able to create a custom resolution through the nVidia control panel to display my external monitor at its recommended resolution of 2560x1440. However, the HDMI port seems to be limited to the Intel Control Panel. When I try to create the proper resolution, the following error appears:

"custom resolution exceeds the maximum bandwidth capacity".

Is there a workaround so that I can use my external monitor with its proper settings?

Edit: Added "Lenovo Y50" to the title

Edit2: I decided to try 2048x1152 and it works at 60hz without error. This is, however, still not my screen's native resolution and still looks fuzzy/causes eyestrain.

Guhard
Paper Tape
Views: 1,067
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y50 - Custom Resolution for External Display via HDMI

BUMP.

Can someone elaborate on the issue?

I bought dvi-d dual link from : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00180F402/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

which is my second cable and I still cannot run anything higher than 1280x720 on HP ZR2740w... Even though I installed hd graphics from the latest version, I tried to use some nVidia tools but nothing is working. I bought that laptop so I can operate on external displays and nothing seems to work...

The hdmi revision is 1.4 in the laptop and I run out of ideas what can be done to make it work -_-

Can someone from lenovo talk about this?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors