Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

15 Posts

07-13-2015

Egypt

20 Signins

139 Page Views

• Views: 139
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Y50 Display Issue (Colors & Weird Cached Image) & FPC Connector replacement?

2017-07-05, 18:06 PM

Hello, 

1 year ago while trying to clean the lcd connector / ribbon I forgot to remove the battery and apparently burnt a few pins on both the board / ribbon. However, it never had an issue until now. My screen colors are screwed up randomly. Few days ago I just put my laptop to sleep and turned it back on and it was like this. It does switch back to normal randomly as well. It can take a few minutes or an hour. I don't know it's just random. I tried re-installing the graphics driver but nothing changed.

Here's a video showing what exactly is happening:

Here are some pictures including the board:

If you can see to the left of "M2X3" there 2-3 burnt pins on the connector of the display. It was 1 year ago and I never had this issue before. 

Also something I think worth mentioning is when I boot I see a cached image of the desktop before I restard / shutdown while it's booting, along with a bunch of pink lines.
Any suggestions guys? Did any one experience something similar?

Options

12849 Posts

11-30-2015

Philippines

7412 Signins

754135 Page Views

• Views: 754135
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y50 Display Issue (Colors & Weird Cached Image) & FPC Connector replacement?

2017-07-06, 16:45 PM

Hi KhaledY50

Greetings.

Testing the display on any external screen most likely be working ok as a possible issue (evident physically) with LCD cable and port. Heat and positioning may be a trigger especially if same behavior appears on the BIOS screen.

To get the part number for your machine, you can use your serial number and check it with the parts look up page.

How to lookup and purchase Accessories, Upgrades, and FRU/CRU Replacement Parts

Hope this help answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

1 Posts

03-28-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1 Signins

17 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 17
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y50 Display Issue (Colors & Weird Cached Image) & FPC Connector replacement?

2018-03-28, 12:46 PM

Did you manage to find JEDP1 connector

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)