Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaneF148
Paper Tape
Views: 1,175
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Y50 Video TDR Failure Windows 10

I have had my Y50 over a year now. It has worked fine, no problem. I stream some video games every once and a while with xsplit and it has worked fine for the 2 months that I have been doing so. But recently it has started giving me blue screens and a video TDR Failure error whenever I am playing a game and streaming for about 30 to 40 mins. Would anyone know what could be causing this?

I read online that it could be my graphics drivers are out of date, but they are uptodate. I also read that it could simply be that the card has malfunctioned and may need replaced. I have a NVIDIA 860M series card. Like I said it worked fine and I was able to stream for hours at a time about a week ago. I'm still testing things out, but it's concerning and it would be nice to get an idea of what could be going on.

Thank you for any help.

camplify
What's DOS?
Views: 982
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Y50 Video TDR Failure Windows 10

I have this problem as well. Has anyone found a fix for it?
vrandell
Paper Tape
Views: 408
Message 3 of 5

had anyone found a fix for this? pls help

bellmarie43
What's DOS?
Views: 257
Message 4 of 5

I have this same issue on a 2 month old laptop.  Did you get any replys yet?  

shaneF148
Paper Tape
Views: 254
Message 5 of 5

Nope. No replies that were relevant. I stopped using that laptop all together though, because I built my own rig which I would recommend unless it's just for school use and some minor stressful programs or something. I wouldn't recommend the y50 for gaming since it stopped working after about a year to two years. I was putting it under a lot of stress with streaming and gaming on pretty good settings, but it didn't last long pushing it that much. So go with something else if you want a dependable rig for gaming and schooling. A lot of factory resetting happened.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals