Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GermanEmpire
What's DOS?
Views: 580
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Y50 Without Screen not giving me HDMI Video Output

I decided to remove the screen of my Lenovo Y50 due to it being broken, I was planning to simply plug the computer into my monitor. for this I used an HDMI cable which is the only port avaliable for the pc. However as I plugged the hdmi cable and turned on the computer I recieved no video, however after a long while of moving the cable I was able to see the screen. I changed some settings used it for a while and then shut it off. When I started it later the monitor was giving me once again no signal. as of now I try and try but I still recieve no video signal.

Any Ideas?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 548
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y50 Without Screen not giving me HDMI Video Output

Hi GermanEmpire and welcome to the Community,

May I ask what settings did you change?  Did you change the output settings in the graphics options?

Regards,

Dave 

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
GermanEmpire
What's DOS?
Views: 487
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y50 Without Screen not giving me HDMI Video Output

It took me a while but I managed to recover the screen, after plugging it the computer worked fine and I was able to later use an external monitor, however if I try to turn on the computer while the HDMI is connected it simply will give no display, so everytime I turn the pc on I have to wait a few seconds and then plug the HDMI back again to get video signal. 

Any ideas why this occurs, at the moment I don't have the laptop screen.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors