Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tschfer
Blue Screen Again
Views: 212
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo Y50 screen does not use the full RGB range, black appears pale.

The screen on my Lenovo Y50 appears extremely pale compared to other displays. Black appears grey and this noticeably reduces the image quality. I'm assuming the on-board graphic chip uses limited RGB range since I've had this issue before on my desktop PC. But this doesn't seem as easy to solve in this case. I've been trying to get a grip on it for hours, but no chance.

Lenovo Y50

Intel i7-4720HQ 2,60GHz

Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M 2GB

16GB Ram

Windows 10 Home 64bit

Intel Driver: 20.19.15.4624

I connected my acer monitor to the laptop with HDMI to test the effect. It resulted in a pale, limited colour profile on the external screen, too. So it's probably a driver problem etc, nothing with the screen itself. In the Intel graphics settings under  Display > General Settings > Extended   I was able to solve problem on the large monitor by extending the RGB range. For the laptop, however, it says: "This display does not support advanced settings." and so I cannot extend RGB range.

To be frank, I just got the laptop and so I haven't seen the screen "do any better than this" so far. But since it really annoys me and impacts visibility and image quality, I really just can't imagine that this is the way things are supposed to look! It looked better from what I could see on photos or video reviews.

Thank you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors