Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-11-2014

Oregon

2 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y500 Boot Options

2014-06-11, 1:16 AM

Hello Lenovo user base!

I'm currently experiencing a moderately annoying problem with a Lenovo Y500 laptop for a customer. 

We recentlty replaced the HDD and performed a Clone with Acronis True Image, but upon boot, we no longer boot to HDD, and now we have no other options than to boot to Network. So here's what I need to figure out.

1-I need to get this system back to booting from the HDD.When I try to boot from the old drive, I now have the same issue. 

2-I'd like to know why this happened in the first place if at all possible. 

I've reset BIOS, disabled and reenabled SecureBoot, ran in legacy and UEFI configurations, and have had no luck at all. 

I'd appreciate any suggestions or options for repair!

Thanks guys!

-Kyle Stoner

Senior Technician

Options

5402 Posts

05-09-2013

United States of America

6273 Signins

19373 Page Views

• Views: 19373
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y500 Boot Options

2014-06-11, 2:56 AM

wrote:

Hello Lenovo user base!

I'm currently experiencing a moderately annoying problem with a Lenovo Y500 laptop for a customer. 

We recentlty replaced the HDD and performed a Clone with Acronis True Image, but upon boot, we no longer boot to HDD, and now we have no other options than to boot to Network. So here's what I need to figure out.

1-I need to get this system back to booting from the HDD.When I try to boot from the old drive, I now have the same issue. 

2-I'd like to know why this happened in the first place if at all possible. 

I've reset BIOS, disabled and reenabled SecureBoot, ran in legacy and UEFI configurations, and have had no luck at all. 

I'd appreciate any suggestions or options for repair!

Thanks guys!

-Kyle Stoner

Senior Technician

Maybe you have set Acronis to erase the original while cloning?

Try to examine the original hdd if the hidden partitions are still intact except the C or D? Use a third party program .If yes then probably you can restore to factory conditions the original and the new one.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms