Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

11-25-2015

Vancouver Island

1 Signins

7 Page Views

• Views: 7
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y500 Screen flickers when lid is moved

2015-11-25, 4:14 AM

Hi friends,

I'm hoping for some input on what's going on with my laptop. I have a Lenovo Y500 that's about 3 years old now, and about 1 month ago the screen began flickering (no lines-the entire screen flickers on and off) when the lid was moved. At first it only did this when the lid was almost closed, but now it has gotten worse to the point that it flickers when I put the screen at a 90 degree angle. At this point I suspect it's the LCD flex cable, but I'm hoping for some input as to what I can do about it to fix it/confirm my suspicions. I'm fairly tech savvy so I'd be okay with diagnosing and replacing parts myself so long as I have instructions on how to do so. 

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

Options

2426 Posts

08-11-2014

India

1941 Signins

27001 Page Views

• Views: 27001
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y500 Screen flickers when lid is moved

2015-11-25, 9:12 AM

Hi Egiller,

Welcome to the Forums  

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with the screen flickering in your Lenovo Y500 laptop.

If the display flickers only when the lid is moved then it might be issue with the LCD cable, hence suggest you to visit the nearest service centre for further details.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Let us know the result.

Best regards,         

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms