Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
calmatish
Paper Tape
Views: 2,588
Message 1 of 9

Lenovo Y500 Ultrabay options

Hi,

I am interesting in buying a removable graphics card for my laptop Y500 but I am living in the UK,

so does anyone know when exactly it will be released in the UK?

I've tried to use the USA site to order it online but my address here is invalid.

Thanks.

xylad
Paper Tape
Views: 2,559
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo Y500 Ultrabay options

I'm in the exact same position. I live in London and bought this laptop being advertised with the ability to upgrade to sli graphics. I feel that UK customer service is terrible compared to lenovo USA and even Canada. Can someone, preferably a lenovo rep, please tell us when ANY of the ultrabay options will be available in the UK?

Cheers
Digitalle
Paper Tape
Views: 2,529
Message 3 of 9

Hi there 

Same problem here as well. Bought my Y500 last Friday, it came with the optical drive but would ideally want the extra HDD caddy and the SLI card. I cannot find either in the UK. Hopefully, since it is a fairly new machine that the accessories will slowly start to appear on the market, but generally I have been far from impressed by the customer service/the UK website in general. 

It's a shame because so far I absolutely love the laptop. 

xylad
Paper Tape
Views: 2,431
Message 4 of 9

Can someone preferably from lenovo please tell us when the ultrabay options will be available for us in the UK.
xylad
Paper Tape
Views: 2,309
Message 5 of 9

Bump
Digitalle
Paper Tape
Views: 2,018
Message 6 of 9

BUMP

slikvik
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,731
Message 7 of 9

Same here. Lenovo UK told me they don't sell the SLI version or the SLI addon in the UK. They only responded by Twitter!

It's disgusting that they can give an SLI version to Techradar UK to review and then not actually sell it. Even many product descriptions in the UK mention it such as the one on Amazon.

Not good enough Lenovo, and the least you can do is respond with an explanation on here of via email rather than 150 characters in Twitter!

Retrovertigo
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,687
Message 8 of 9

I'm looking at other brands of laptop now after the abysmal support from Lenovo.

I have asked their customer support (I'm also in the U.K) who told me laptops can't have their graphics cards updated - so well done to whoever trains them on products!

I asked on twitter and was pointed toward the single graphics card option on the website. When I tweeted back that I was specifically asking about dual graphics, it went unanswered.

I posted on here around a week ago now, and have since bumped my post, but so far, no one here who represents Lenovo has bothered to answer the question either.

It is pathetic that as a potential customer, I'm left ignored or misinformed. I've dealt with many electroncis companies over the years because of my work, and never had such shoddy customer service as this. And this is just me asking some questions. I dread to think what it would be like if I needed help with a faulty product.

I see in the states at least (?) they are starting to come through with the GT750M now. I reckon with some good fortune, we'll see that some time in 2014.

Meanwhile, I fairly confident you'd have a good case to put to trading standards, as they clearly advertise the laptop as being able to run SLI, but if you bought one, you can't actually use that functionality at all in the U.K. False advertising right there.

slikvik
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,642
Message 9 of 9

I agree. I also asked them if the 750m will be coming to the UK and they said they have no plans. I'd be peeved if I bought one and THEN it turns out they do release it.

Lenovo, I suggest you reply with a plan to supply SLI add-ons to the UK or I WILL be forwarding a complaint to Trading Standards.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors