Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
solidplay
Paper Tape
Views: 760
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Y500 gets stuck on splash screen

Hello kind people of the lenovo forums, 

Let me share my struggle first so you may appreciate my desperation for an answer a little more. Hopefully someone has an answer to my problem and is kind enough to spread some knowledge. So the problem started when one day I tried turning on my laptop from a hibernation and the computer got stuck on the lenovo splash screen with the loading wheel spinning around. I thought it was weird but thought nothing of it at first and tried restarting, no luck tried multiple more times, even taking out the battery so on and so forth.. nothing. So after many failed attempts at troubleshooting I managed to get into the bios and checked all the settings, made sure i was booting from the right drive and restarted the computer. Well now my problems got worse, now I was stuck on the lenovo splash screen without any spinning wheel or glimpse off hope like it was loading or something. Just the lenovo logo blaring at me in its white on black glory. I could not access the bios or any menus.. hours.. no days of troubleshooting with no luck... So now I'm thinking i have to clear the cmos because this has got to be a bios issue seeing as i can't boot anything or even access the boot menu. Do some googleing, NOOO.. the cmos battery is not easily accessible and on top of that it's soldered to the board. My warranty is already over, and paying some dude to tear apart my laptop is out of the question. So now I'm coming to accept the fact that I may a have a glorified desk weight on my hands that can also act as a lenovo billboard. Months pass.. thank god I have another work laptop. Anyway back to my lenovo desk weight, I start taking it apart in search of the cmos battery, but decide to troubleshoot, by disconnecting component by component, and checking if the computer boots up. So i take out the hard drive.. nothing. I put it back in and take out the SSD... BINGO, I'VE GOT A SPINNY WHEEL!!! A SPINNY WHEEL! wow never thought I'd be so glad to see a loading screen... OH MY it's actually booting up, what the hell why!?!? why could i not access the bios if it was the ssd?!? Which brings me to this point in time, where i sit here confused, on my Y500 (which has decided to move past it's paper weight phase), on this forum asking why? is my ssd bad and if so why could i not access my bios? Do i need to replace my ssd if so can i salvage any info from it? Is the answer to life really 42. Let me know, thanks.

solidplay
Paper Tape
Views: 754
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y500 gets stuck on splash screen

Also some background on my laptop. I have a lenovo Y500 and upgraded to windows 10 and was running it with no issues quite a while before I had this issue.
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 740
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y500 gets stuck on splash screen

Discrete cache ssd had been known to cause problems in the past. Since you have pinpointed it already then just replace it with a new one. You may have to reinstall the expresscache program. Try searching for it and learn on how to go about it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors