Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sl33tz0r
Paper Tape
Views: 919
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Y5070 instant shutdown

Hi, I have the 4710HQ GT860 4k version of the Y5070 and it has this unexpected shutdown problem. It just turns off without any warning. 2-3 seconds before the shutdown the keyboard stops responding, while mouse still works. Sometimes a loud pop sound comes out of the bottom speaker. It is not caused by overheating as this laptop is never actually heating. I have reason to believe this started after the bios upgrade (downloaded from the official site), I'd like to try a bios rollback but I can't seem to find the older bios image on the official page. 

http://s11.postimg.org/nu3q8vj7m/image.jpg

I have attached a screenshot from the logs to show how often this occurs.

This is becoming a problem, please come up with a fix, returning for servicing is highly undesirable in my condition because I need this laptop for work every day.

I have had very pleasant experiences with Lenovo laptops in the past and it would be a shame if this one would ruin everything

FEEL
Fanfold Paper
Views: 812
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Y5070 instant shutdown

I have this problem too. Please help Lenovo!

sl33tz0r
Paper Tape
Views: 807
Message 3 of 6

A bios rollback solved it for me
FEEL
Fanfold Paper
Views: 802
Message 4 of 6

Please, say how to do this, or give me link. 

sl33tz0r
Paper Tape
Views: 797
Message 5 of 6

If you're not sure you better get someone who understands to do it for you, the older bios image is nowhere to be found on the official website. I don't remember where I found mine. Also you have to make sure its for your speciffic model. Also see if any Bios upgrade is available for your model, they should fix this
FEEL
Fanfold Paper
Views: 788
Message 6 of 6

I can't find older bios on official site too, and no updates for bios. I wrote in support. Maybe they will help and give me old BIOS. Thank you man. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors