Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 1 of 17 (4,632 Views)

Lenovo Y510P 755m SLI ultrabay crashes nvidia service

Hello,

Last week i received my Y510P from a reseller here in Lithuania, and ran into a *slight* problem.

When playing more demanding games (though i wouldnt call borderlands 2 a very demanding game), the screen freezes and the sound hangs. Occasionally the display would turn pitch black (sometimes the drivers just reset with screen backlight still on). I checked memory, sshd, cpus and main gpus for errors, but none were found. I have no idea how to test the ultrabay though... Temps are pretty high, but definetly not critical. CPU runs below 85c under load, main gpu runs at around 75c, only ultrabay runs hotter, but i've seen people saying that theirs run above 95c and it still works fine. Mine usually crashes when it reaches 91-93c. It reaches those temps in about 30-60 minutes, steadily heating up.  I tried removing and re inserting, but it didnt have any effect. Im stumped. Sorry for rambling on so long. I hope somebody can help me pinpoint the problem, and maybe help fix it. Thanks.

System specs:

Win 8.1 pro

Intel core I7 4700MQ 2.4ghz

Nvidia GT 755m SLI

8GB ram

1TB+8gb SSHD

All drivers are up to date. 

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 2 of 17 (4,536 Views)

Re: Lenovo Y510P 755m SLI ultrabay crashes nvidia service

It seems that re-pasting the ultrabay, and increasing TdrDealy to 8 fixed the problem, but i believe it's something more serious than that...

Punch Card
Message 3 of 17 (4,534 Views)

do you have Physx on or off?
or this happens in other games aswell?
Guru
Message 4 of 17 (4,525 Views)

Definitely this looks like a drivers crash. You can do the following tests -

Solution 1 -

Remove the Ultrabay GPU and try to play games for around couple of hours and see if they crash.

Solution 2 -

Use different methods to keep Ultrabay GPU temps down.

- Cooling Pad

- Air Conditioning

- Setting graphics to medium/High

Solution 3 -

Perform a clean install of the graphics drivers.

(Uninstall all graphics drivers and NVIDIA Control Panel. Then, download and install the drivers again)

There was a problem reported with the HD Audio drivers in the latest NVIDIA patch, you may want to ignore updating those and try.

You should also download and patch all Windows updates, if not already done.

My Ultrabay reaches upto 85 celsius max and I mostly try to keep it down to 80. Heat is always a major factor.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 5 of 17 (4,508 Views)

[ Edited ]

Repasting reduced temps to around 85c, which is decent i think, but crashes still happen, but they're not as violent as before (just crash to desktop with a pop up that drivers have recovered). I did the flee power thing, unintalled all of audio devices, and just let windows reintall them after a reboot, and so far, i haven't crashed. Will see how it goes. I doubt its related to a hardware issue. I think it definetly was related to audio. Thanks.

Oh and yeah, it happened with every game, even Fallout 3. Temps didnt go above 65c when playing it. :X

And no, i do not use advanced physx.

Everything runs fine without sli enabled.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 6 of 17 (4,459 Views)

[ Edited ]

Nah, still happening. Most games just crash to desktop, but while playing Borderlands 2 it freezes. Splinter Cell Blacklist gives a "device removed" error. I doubt its a ram/hdd problem, since when i disable sli, there are no problems at all. Dunno what to do. As for warranty, i did the plastic unshroud mod, so it void. 

Oh and if it helps, i do not experience any fps drops. It is smooth as butter. Smiley Sad Bad vram..?

802.11n
Message 7 of 17 (4,446 Views)

I also have the exact same laptop as yours.

I have not run into this problem, my temps go to about 90c.

What i can suggest is getting a laptop cooling pad.

Also like to mention that the fans inside only run at about 60% speed, if you run dust removal in power managements, you will hear the difference. Lenovo will not allow anybody to get advanced options in Bios settings to change the fan speed....
Lenovo y510p - Intel Quad-core 4th gen i7-4700MQ @3.40Ghz - 16GB RAM - 1TB HDD 8GB SSD - 1080p FHD - Nvidia 755m SLI
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 8 of 17 (4,440 Views)

Tried my gfs cooling pad, still freezing. And funny thing. After every freeze (not display driver crash), in event log i see some suspicious erros. ID 5002 and ID 5005. As far as i know they're related to Y510P's N2230 wireless adapter. :x could they cause freezing? I'll try run some games with it disabled, and see if anything changes. I've heard that n2230 is a piece of crud though...

802.11n
Message 9 of 17 (4,428 Views)

5002 is: Network Adapter Failure
%2 : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.

and the 5005 is: Miniport Driver Configuration
%2 : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.

If im correct, this is what your getting?

I would think you have reinstalled the wifi driver yes?

Also, id suggest using "Advanced system care" to do a registry clean & error check.
Lenovo y510p - Intel Quad-core 4th gen i7-4700MQ @3.40Ghz - 16GB RAM - 1TB HDD 8GB SSD - 1080p FHD - Nvidia 755m SLI
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 10 of 17 (4,401 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yes, i get these exact errors. Or i did. I've done a clean reintall of windows, and there are no errors anymore in the event viewer, but it started freezing again. I ran memtest86 last night to determine if the problem could be coming from ram, but no, 6 passes - no errors. Without sli computer works fine. I mean with sli it's still fine, i don't get random freezes when browsing or watching videos, only when playing games. Downclocking gpus seems to increase the time between freezing, but still, it isn't a solution. A new laptop should perform like a new laptop.

I will link my dxdiag if anyone who understand it wants to take a look. I dunno how to attach it, so i'm uploading it to pastebin.

Link: DxDiag

And if you're willing to look through it, could you tell me what's up DayZ error down there. 

Thank You.

P.S. When display drivers crash, i get this message. Do you guys have any idea what that means?

Top kudoed Authors