Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndrewPewPewPew
What's DOS?
Views: 391
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Y510P Blank Screen

Hi there. I'm just hoping that I can find the solution as soon as possible. So I tried playing some casual games yesterday and all of a sudden the game froze and the image started tearing apart. Next thing you know it, the screen went blank. So I force shut down it and reboot, but after the Lenovo logo, the screen goes blank. There's a faint glow, but there's no image or cursor. Could it possibly be that the GPU crashed and there's no graphic to power the display? Or should I try entering Recovery Mode or Safe Mode to switch the display graphic to Intel HD? Besides, how do I enter Safe/Recovery Mode since I'm on Windows 10. Any help would be much appreciated.  

MaxineV
Paper Tape
Views: 300
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y510P Blank Screen

First thing...if you upgraded to windows 10 from a different OS (win8 or 8.1), be aware that windows 10 is not compatible with the hardware on the y510p. This is something from experience, and finding out too late to roll back. I had to get the OS install CDs from Lenovo, and spend many hours watching it install. I would suggest, if you are within the 30 day period after getting win 10, go back to your original OS. It will save a lot of hair pulling when the glitches start showing up more frequently. Hopefully that will solve most, if not all your issues.

Highlighted
MaxineV
Paper Tape
Views: 299
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y510P Blank Screen

I forgot to mention, if you are past the 30 day mark, your recovery partition will have been erased, and you will need to reinstall your original OS with the CDs. If you dont have them, get them direct from Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors