Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GraphicalJo
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,887
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo Y510P Webcam not fuctioning

Hi there, I'm currently having problems with my Y510p's webcam. It stopped functioning recently.... I have no idea what's the cause of this. But I've already performed a OneKey Recovery and it is still disabled. When I start the YouCam software they said that there was no webcam detected and if there was I have to turn on the integrated webcam. I have also checked in Device Manager and still.... No result. The webcam isn't appearing in my Imaging Devices option.

Any solutions?
OKR-MAN
WWAN
Views: 3,859
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo Y510P Webcam not fuctioning

Hello GraphicalJo , 

If you one key recovery with backed-up system , your system will return that state. Try to do one key recovery  return to factory  default state.

Don't forget to back up your data somewhere  before doing it ! 

Let us know the if the problem persists.

JakeSully
Broadband 3G
Views: 3,852
Message 3 of 7

i think he just said he used one key recovery and went to factory state but webcam is still not working.
GraphicalJo
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,842
Message 4 of 7

Yeah I already tried OneKey Recovery. Still not detected in Camera app nor YouCam
JakeSully
Broadband 3G
Views: 3,838
Message 5 of 7

have you checked device manager and looked under Display devices? to see if you find a Lenovo EasyCamera if so then camera should work Smiley Happy if it's not there then that might be why your youcam program is not detecting the camera since it's drivers is missing.

It should be one under Battery.

GraphicalJo
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,808
Message 6 of 7

Hello everyone :smileyhappy: It's been weeks since I was finding solutions to this problem many people are facing and I found a solution :smileywink: Or at least one that worked out for me. I too, had done steps such as reinstalling drivers, fn+esc, fn+f6 etc but it doesn't help.

Our laptop originally has another battery which keeps memory and stuff something called CMOS. So anywayss this problem most likely occurs due to the fact that we force shutdown our laptop. Like hold the power button till it shuts down. But when you perform this, what happens is unsaved memory will be stuck there and your computer will go all haywire with messed up memory..... + when you force shutdown there will still be a surge of electrical charge inside your motherboard and all parts of your laptop. Sorry I'm not a tech geek... .But anyway to the solution...

SOLUTION:

(or at least steps that fixed my problems.)

1. I took out the laptop battery. The big block that is at the back of your computer which you can plug in and out.

2. Hold the power button for around 30 seconds for electrical charge to disperse and all.

3. Took out my ultrabay sli GT750M (if you have one)

4. Did step 2 with battery still out. ( not sure whether necessary)

5. Plugged battery back in.

6. Reinstalled driver which came together with my computer.

7 Finally (Important) Defrag your drives. I know it seems weird. But just do it. You won't lose anything :smileywink:

Well I hope that helps! :smileyvery-happy: I'm happy it worked out for me. If it helped you share it out! Cheers!

Kevino1234
Paper Tape
Views: 2,978
Message 7 of 7

The first thing I did was use the onekey recovery system but that did nothing for the webcam.

Then I tried updating/reinstalling the driver for the webcam to no avail.

Did all the Windows updates and even opted for Windows 8.1 with no joy.

I have done power drain technique on other computers to get usb devices working again but on this Ideapad P500 the battery is hard to get to.  Removing the battery does not work so well for models that have the battery installed under the unfriendly bottom panel (i.e., Ideapad P500).  Those poor souls would have to remove the keyboard, DVD drive, and lots of screws, and carefully prise the bottom cover off just to get to the battery. 

To resolve my issue of webcam not detected, I decided to reseat the cable at the end where it plugs into the webcam.  On the Ideapad P500 the cable is detachable and located behind the monitor bezel.  I watched an LCD screen replacement video for this model on youtube and download the service manual.  I noticed the cable connection location is easy to get to.  I used a bright head mounted light, magnifying glass and plastic pry bar to unplug and reconnect the cable to the webcam.  Also notice when I was in there that the tension of the cable was too much for it to stay connected. I had to move it out of the last cable routing clip to get it to stay connected. Hope this information helps. I'd put it into a new post but haven't figured out how to create a new post yet.

Camera works fine after re-seating the cable and giving it a little slack by re-routing it some.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors