Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmikemike
What's DOS?
Views: 287
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y510P Windows OS issue

Situation: Currently deployed in Afghanistan with limited resources for my personal laptop. My windows 10 OS (Windows 8 came preinstalled on my laptop) stopped being able to boot up something about a config file missing. So my easiest option I could find was to downlaod UBUNTU onto a bootdrive from a buddys laptop. I installed ubuntu but want to know if theres a way of wiping my old Windows OS and getting it back? I could go back and find the error for the windows boot. But would honestly just like to wipe it and reinstall windows. I do not have a boot disc or product key that i know of for windows since it came preinstallled. Sorry if some of what i said was redundent! Appreciate any help!

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 237
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y510P Windows OS issue

Hi dmikemike,

You can download a windows 10 media creation tool and use it to repair/re-install window 10. The product key is embed in the motherboard so you don't have to worry. 
Here's the link : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Stay safe. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors