Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rektbymosenco
Blue Screen Again
Views: 532
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Y510P eye strain

Hi, i bought a lenovo y510p about.. 2 years ago.

In this time my eyes start to be worst day by day.

At the beginning i got a terrible headache. And now i got my eyes red that hurt.

I think it is made by the matt display. Is it possible?

Everytime that i use my pc, it start to hurt my eyes really quickly. 

Yesterday i spent just one hour and im already done.

Im an university student and i need to study and program c++ and java con my pc and i cant do that if lenovo display hurt me so much.

Any help? Any suggest?

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 472
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y510P eye strain

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y510P-eye-strain/m-p/3588902

Hi Rektbymosenco,

Welcome to the community, nice to have you here.

First of all I would recommend that you consult a doctor about your eyes. There are a lot of factors that may cause eye strain. I had the same situation when I was programming back then, turns out that I was getting dehydrated while thinking about the code I was making. As for the matte vs. glossy screen there has been a lot of post about this but no definite study which is better for you eyes.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

PS. I change my dispay theme to "High Contrast 2" when programming, it seems to be more relaxing for me, I can last for 14hrs of coding. Good old DOS days. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Rektbymosenco
Blue Screen Again
Views: 435
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y510P eye strain

before i buy this pc, my eyes was fine. Then i became astigmastism.

It looks like, that lenovo display is like a glasses. 

When you wear some glasses of your blind friend, and try to see clearly, if you do that for a long time, you can "break" your eyes. Same with this screen.

I tested last day with my father's asus notebook, and everything is fine. i can program c++ for 1 hour without eye strain.

Then i start to use my laptop and about 10 minutes i start feeling a little headache..

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors