Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
XIII
Paper Tape
Views: 1,380
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Y510p equalizer missing

HI, I have recently purchased a new speaker and I wanted to reduce the bass on the speaker but i cannot find the equalizer anywhere. Please help.

Screenshot (29).pngScreenshot (30).pngScreenshot (31).pngScreenshot (32).png

Spellhide
What's DOS?
Views: 1,334
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Y510p equalizer missing

Bump! I have the same problem for... two years (always latest updates) and still no equalizer/room correction/speaker fill/loudness equalization in control panel.. it's outrageous to not include something like this on a 900$ laptop.

Spellhide
What's DOS?
Views: 1,326
Message 3 of 6

Hey, I'm back with a solution I just found snooping around on the forums.

Instructions:

1. UNINSTALL any Realtek HD audio driver you have. (control panel > add/remove programs)

2. Download and install this driver: (It's the official Windows 8 driver for Y510p 64 bit - I have w8.1x64 and it works)

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds035630

3. Install Dolby Home Theater v4 from here: (It's for Thinkpad S430 but it works)

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds027444

4. Play around with Dolby Home Theater v4 which, in my opinion, rather than having nothing, is pretty good.

Hope it works for you as it worked for me! Good luck

sethusuryateja
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,306
Message 4 of 6

download windows 8.1 driver from lenvo website, now install it generally , after completion of installation go to control pannel ,you will find out dolby is installed , now uninstall only the dolby .

then go to the folder where drivers are extracted during installation(mostly it will be in 'C:\Drivers')

browse through the realteck high definition audio drivers, you will find 'DS1' folder in it you will find dolby installation wizards , while installing make sure to check the box for shorcuts, then you will get shorcuts for eqalizerCapture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

then u will get some equalizer like thisCapture3.PNG

XIII
Paper Tape
Views: 1,291
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the solution! It worked and I have a equalizer now but I still cannot reduce the bass.

sethusuryateja
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,286
Message 6 of 6

try dragging down the first 3 bars in the equilizer  , i can't say for sure but its worth a try.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors