Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Message 1 of 2 (169 Views)

Lenovo Y510p graphics break during gameplay

Hi all.

I recently obtained a used lenovo y510p from a friend with the following configurations.

Windows 8.1 Pro

SLI capable with 2 geforce 750M cards

6gb RAM

Itb Hard disk

2gb dedicated video memory.

It plays games at decent speeds with medium settings but I get different errors from each of the 3 games I've tried. For dragon's dogma dark arisen, the game suddenly slows down for a few minutes and picks up speed again after a few (maybe 5) minutes. With mass effect 2 the game screen hangs, while sounds and music continue as normal. ctrl alt deleting and pressing esc will make the game proceed as if nothing ever happened. Finally, for the witcher 3: wild hunt, I get the windows display driver has stopped responding error. The games are properly purchased and as far as i know, so is the OS. I've tried all nvidia display drivers between and including 347.09 to 364.72. I've tried closing all other apps, and ending all nv processes in the task manager. I've also tried different power plans and different nvidia power management modes. I've been monitoring the temp with HWmonitor and it usually tops out at around 81c which I understand is fine for this particular laptop. I even have a targus chill mat to help regulate the temp. Lastly, I've spoken to my friend and he doesn't remember having those issues at all, but he never managed to game with the laptop very often. Any help would be appreciated, this is my first lenovo product. I pereviously owned a dell xps.

Fanfold Paper
Message 2 of 2 (131 Views)

Re: Lenovo Y510p graphics break during gameplay

Nobody?

Top kudoed Authors