08-29-2019

US

12 Signins

97 Page Views

• Views: 97
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y540 Power Jack replacement

2019-08-29, 18:48 PM

Earlier this week I stood up while holding my Y540.  The power brick, which is quite heavy, fell off the desk and ripped the power cord out of the DC-IN power jack.  The plastic clips that hold the power cord in place were destroyed, and now I can't get a stable power connection anymore.

I'd like to replace the DC-IN power jack on the motherboard.  The problem is I can't seem to find the part anywhere.  Lenovo won't sell it to me (it's an FRU only part) and I can't find anywhere online that sells an 81Q4 power jack.

Does anyone know if there are other compatible DC power jacks I could use for my Y540?  I'm quite comfortable replacing parts on a system board, I only need to find the appropriate part.  

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Options

9993 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6784 Signins

729899 Page Views

• Views: 729899
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y540 Power Jack replacement

2019-08-29, 21:49 PM

Hi LawsonFlamily,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I don't see any separate OEM part number for the DC in port for the Legion Y540 17.

Checking it further appears that the dc in port comes attached to the systemboard itself with PN 5B20S42481 (MB L 81Q4 WIN I79750HRTX2060V6G).

Depot usually perform whole board replacement for loose dc in port most likely so perhaps a DIY solution to repair the port can be a good alternative to check.

I hope this help answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save