cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tigerjhun
What's DOS?
Views: 4,594
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo Y550- Brand new, Battery doesn't charge (stuck at 84%). Need new battery.

I just received a lenovo y550 in the mail (11/30/2009) not too long ago, and the first thing that I noticed is that the laptop won't stay on without the ac adaptor plugged in. Right when the power jack is removed from the computer, the CPU completely shuts down and stays dead. 

I also noticed that the power indicator on the lower right is stuck at 84% available (plugged in, not charging). I charged the computer for over 10 hours, and the number is still the same.

All in all, I'm pretty sure that the battery is the problem here. I looked all over Lenovo's page for a customer support number but I couldn't find it. ADMIN, if you're reading this, I would like to have a Lenovo Y550 battery replacement sent to me. I have the invoice #, payment/order history, etcetera for my order. Please let me know. Thanks

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 4,588
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo Y550- Brand new, Battery doesn't charge (stuck at 84%). Need new battery.

Hi tigerjhun, and welcome to the Lenovo User Community!

The best way to go is to call Lenovo support. This is a user-to-user help community, moderated by volunteers like me. Although employees do fly by from time to time, it is not a monitored Lenovo support channel.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
followme
What's DOS?
Views: 4,405
Message 3 of 7

Re: Lenovo Y550- Brand new, Battery doesn't charge (stuck at 84%). Need new battery.

I am having same problem. Stuck at 84% not charging...
they are sending me new battery..... what should i do?

IBMwasBetter
Paper Tape
Views: 4,068
Message 4 of 7

Smiley Mad

This laptop was a great deal...(not laughing)

We got the laptop in November of 09 and it had Windows Vista instead of Windows 7. Another month later we got the upgrade disks and now have Windows 7...Whoopie!! don't notice a huge difference. Looks and smells like Vista. Those Windows 7 commercials are a joke.

Now, tonight the battery crapped out!!! Stuck at 77% and not charging. Called customer service and "Chris" said that he'll be sending me a new one. He didn't do any troubleshooting with me just wanted to send me a new one. Hahaha must be a known problem "Chris"

I also know that the Chinese government is behind Lenovo. Is this some trick?? are we all just dupes?

I think I might return this for a dell.

As a former IBMer I'm very sad that they sold the laptop unit to Lenovo. I guess I thought it would be another IBM laptop. I was very very wrong.

Waiting for the keyboard to lock up on me. I heard that's the next thing to go on these POS's

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 3,998
Message 5 of 7

@followme

ask lenovo to change your battery .

call 1-877-4Lenovo (1-877-453-6686)

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
tringhinguyen
What's DOS?
Views: 2,773
Message 6 of 7

hi there, I just bought brand new lenovo tablet x201 i7 a month ago and have the SAME battery problem like yours. It stops randomly at any percent and is stuck there for more than 24 hours before finally charges up to full. This is so annoying! I can't return for a fix because I need it for my study for the next four month. I asked a computer center and they said a chip in mother board, which cost $15, might be the cause and charge $150 toward labor to replace. We can keep in touch about this problem through PM me.

edit by mod : email address removed!

rajthultimate
Punch Card
Views: 1,403
Message 7 of 7

Do the steps shown in this video and it will fix the problem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx62t6qZ34U

Top Kudoed Authors