Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

20 Posts

03-15-2011

3525 Whiteney Avenue

28 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y560: Black screen after Windows 7 Logo

2014-02-28, 22:51 PM

itle.

when i start the laptop up, if i try to run it via normal mode, it'll show a black screen after the windows logo. the computer is still running.

safe mode works completely fine. uninstalling the AMD drivers (for my 5730 Raedon) and going with the generic VGA drivers works fine; this issue only appears when i try and use the AMD drivers.

this issue only started today. before, the PC worked flawlessly, no hiccups. i was using it last night, completely fine, and when i started it up today, this issue appeared.

i was wondering if anyone had a fix for this, or, a certain driver version that would work? i've used the AMD drivers provided on the lenovo site, those were no bueno. i tried the lastest AMD drivers and again, no good.

any help with this issue would be appreciated.

Options

4469 Posts

04-22-2013

Philippines

3830 Signins

254594 Page Views

• Views: 254594
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y560: Black screen after Windows 7 Logo

2014-03-06, 16:44 PM

hi nvmvoidrays,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

Can you try Installing the AMD Radeon Driver then after restart Boot into Safemode by hitting F2 while the system is powering On.

While inside BIOS Press F9 then enter

Then Press F10 the Enter to save and Exit

Let me know your Findings

Cheers!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms