Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jcotec
Paper Tape
Views: 472
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Y560 Hard Drive

Hello. I want to change hard drive in my lenovo Y560. Present hard drive WD7500BPVT-24HXZT1 is broken (too quickly in my opinion).

Specification of my Y560:
- Core i5 M 460 2,53 Ghz
- 4 GB RAM
- HD 5730

I don't anything about hard drive which I can install in this model of Lenovo. Any kind of internal 2,5 inch hard drive will be match?

What do you think about this hard drive: WD5000BPKX. It match to my Lenovo?
Maybe you have some hard drive propositions? Money, which I can spend is about 67$. Hard Drive which I want should be fast, silent and durable.

Thanks, best regards.

Shauneepeak
What's DOS?
Views: 458
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Y560 Hard Drive

That isn't a bad choice and should be very reliable. However I would recomend this if you do not mind spending a little more.

Very good price for the size this is what I use in my Playstations, thankfully my laptop hard drive has not failed yet so have not seen a need to replace it just yet, it has been reliable so far and would give you plenty of space to work with.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=22-145-875&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&Pur...

Jcotec
Paper Tape
Views: 449
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for answer. I start thinking about ssd (128gb).
Any 2.5 inch ssd will be match for this Lenovo?

Shauneepeak
What's DOS?
Views: 436
Message 4 of 4

I would avoid anything above 9.5mm in height, though you will have a hard time finding any bigger than that outside of 2TB hardrives so you should be fine.

Just remember if you go with an SSD you will get more performance but it will also fill up a lot faster 160GB goes very fast especially considering Windows alone takes up about 30GB. SSD are just nowhere near as good $/GB ratio as a classic hardd rive. Though if your laptop has the secondary hardrive bay like my Y580 you could get a 60GB SSD and use it as a Windows drive which will give you a noticeable boost in performance while having everything else on a regular hard drive.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors