Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JekkoJay
Punch Card
Views: 873
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo Y570 hangs when loading desktop; One key recovery not booting to recovery mode

A few days ago out of the blue, my laptop began to take a very long time at the login welcome loading screen. Even after that, it gets stuck at a black screen with only the cursor (which you can still move around).  This all takes about 15-20 minutes, after which the desktop loads.  The happens when I shut down the computer and restart it, but not after awakening from hibernation. So for a while I only used hibernation instead of shutting the computer off.

I eventually got tired of this and decided to try to restore the laptop to factory default using the built in one key recovery.  The problem is that when I try to get the computer to boot into recovery mode, either through restarting from the application or booting from shut down by pressing the one key button, it still hangs like before and just loads windows.

I'm currently running Windows 7 (what was originally on the laptop). I'm also wondering of there is a way to boot into the one key recovery environment from a USB instead, maybe that could be a solution around this. If anyone could kindly provide steps on how to go about doing this, I think that it would be worth a shot!

Anyone have any other ideas for how to fix this? Help is greatly appreciated.

cbautis2
Bit Torrent
Views: 856
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo Y570 hangs when loading desktop; One key recovery not booting to recovery mode

Do a boot time analysis using event viewer by following this tutorial: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/174750-boot-times-monitor-event-viewer.html

I think there's no way to boot to the One Key Recovery that is stored on a USB. However, you can clean install Windows 7 from a USB boot by following this http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/219487-clean-reinstall-factory-oem-windows-7-a.html. Don't forget to make a factory reset discs using OKR software within this location C:\Program Files\Lenovo\OneKey App\OneKey Recovery\OneKey Recovery.exe (at least 3 are needed when I did mine).

Lenovo Y470: i7-2670QM | 8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz RAM | Nvidia GeForce GT 550M | 500 GB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD | ASUS PCE-AC56 802.11ac Network Adapter | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
JekkoJay
Punch Card
Views: 825
Message 3 of 7

Re: Lenovo Y570 hangs when loading desktop; One key recovery not booting to recovery mode

I followed all the steps in event viewer, but I don't know how to actually fix the problems from the analysis. What else do you think I should do?

cbautis2
Bit Torrent
Views: 813
Message 4 of 7

What is the program or service that slows down your boot?

Lenovo Y470: i7-2670QM | 8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz RAM | Nvidia GeForce GT 550M | 500 GB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD | ASUS PCE-AC56 802.11ac Network Adapter | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
cbautis2
Bit Torrent
Views: 803
Message 5 of 7

Also use this tutorial for a more in-depth of the root cause of your slow boot. http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/177443-gathering-startup-shutdown-sleep-hibernate-reboot-trace....

The problem is that I'm not experienced with this boot trace tracking. You can post your boot trace files to that forum so they can analyze the results for you and tell you the root cause of your slow boot.

JekkoJay
Punch Card
Views: 775
Message 6 of 7

Actually I'm not sure...
What should I be looking for exactly?

cbautis2
Bit Torrent
Views: 769
Message 7 of 7

Do the "Windows 7: Gathering a Startup, Shutdown, Sleep, Hibernate, or Reboot Trace" tutorial from the link I posted above. Then upload the results to skydrive or dropbox or google drive. Then register at that forum and post about your booting problem along with the trace log files (.etl) that is created from the tutorial. Some knowledgeable Microsoft MVP people will analyze those (.etl) files and tell you the root cause of your slow boot. Also see this thread.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors