Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

11 Posts

12-03-2013

Miami , FL

14 Signins

101 Page Views

• Views: 101
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Y580 Display issue

2013-12-08, 3:08 AM

Hi Guys, I am having an issue with my Lenovo Y580 Graphics card!

Here's how all the trouble began...

I was fiddling around in my main drive's program files (86) folder. I was trying to free up some space on my tiny 32GB SSD Hard drive.

I erased some Nvidia files from the Nvidia folder. While trying to reinstall the latest drivers from the Nvidia Website, the screen turns black right in the middle of the installation!
Thinking that this was a normal black out for Nvidia driver installation, It just stayed black! I waited for about 5 to 10 minutes before I did a Hard reboot.

Upon doing so I landed on the desktop again to reinstall the latest driver (331.82) and It does it's thing. It tells me to restart, I restart.

Now, when I reach the windows logo sign, it dances for a bit, then stops all of a sudden: A Freeze! :smileysad: I repeat the process and its the same over and over. I get into safe mode, and remove the drivers with a Display Driver Uninstaller software. I try to reinstall the drivers same thing happens.

When I try to reinstall the latest drivers from the Lenovo website, this time I get a Blue Screen!! Error codes (0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0X0000000000000000, 0XFFFFF880033C40A8, 0XFFFFF880033C3900). I believe the 0x07E is a hardware issue with displays (so I read), and the other I have no clue about.

End game!

I do a fresh install of windows 7 64-bit trying to reinstall the drivers once more same issue....
The only way I can gain access to the desktop is by disabling the GTX 660m graphics card from device manager in safe mode then everything is alright. But once I reach the desktop and try to re enable the 660m, the screen just turns black!?! huh?

I have no clue what's going on. Lenovo is asking a hefty price for a solution, I'm broke so I couldn't go any further with them. I was wondering if anyone had the same issue as me. I've done everything in the book from reinstalling drivers to deleting every trace of the Nvidia files from the registry to a freaking fresh install of windows! I'm all out of answers. I really need some support. I'm dying here!
cries :smileyfrustrated:

Options

4469 Posts

04-22-2013

Philippines

3830 Signins

254594 Page Views

• Views: 254594
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y580 Display issue

2013-12-09, 20:51 PM

hi Voltixdark,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

I would suggest going into safemode again and try uninstalling the Intel HD graphics driver and the NVidia under Device Manager

Make sure to place a check under "Delete driver software for this device" and continue.

Now the download you Intel HD and Nvidia Drivers on this link

http://support.lenovo.com/en_PH/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?&DocID=HT073649

And install them in normal mode and according to your Windows Version and type.

Regards

Solid Cruver

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

11 Posts

12-03-2013

Miami , FL

14 Signins

101 Page Views

• Views: 101
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y580 Display issue

2013-12-09, 21:24 PM
I've done all of that already, but it does not work!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms