cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wlaio
Punch Card
Views: 1,326
Message 11 of 29

Re: Lenovo Y580 HDD + SSD installing Win 7 Pro issue.

Thasnks ishaan and msrkanurag. Yes it works. I could install win 7 pro, but there is one more thing. In the win explorer I can't see my 1TB HDD anymore, but I can see it in the Disk Management.

Link to image

Also when I run RapidDriveTool.exe I'm getting a message: "Run Failure!!!!!!!". In the factory preinstalled win 7 home this worked properly.

So, could you please tell me, how to create the hybrid c: drive? Thanks.

Moderator note: images larger than 50k converted to links per forum rules:  Lenovo Community Participation Rules

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,313
Message 12 of 29

I am seeing this kind of thing for the first time but how did you manage to change your system parririon to an oem partition?
For solving this please download ptedit.exe from interbet(easily available) then change the partition type of the 880 gb partition to 07 ftom 12. Then assign a letter to the partition. Now refer the following document for setting up rapid drive.
http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2F78.9.150.202%2Fpub%2...
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
msrkanurag
Punch Card
Views: 1,311
Message 13 of 29

There are two things.

1. You need to hav unallocted space for Rapiddrive to work.

2. For combining the SSD+HDD you should not use the ''RapidDrivetool''.
Just install the rapid drive from lenovo partition.

''Delete'' the 1TB drive (only if u don't have imp data on it). You can do it using Win7 installation DVD. Come back and install RapidDrive on Win7.

''You must have some unallocated space which will be combined to form a C: Drive''
wlaio
Punch Card
Views: 1,294
Message 14 of 29

I made a new clean installation and followed the Driver Install Guide. I could install all drivers. Now the SSD has just 3,26GB free space. Finally I ran Rapiddrive.exe and had also some free - unallocatede space like required.

The only bad thing is, it doesn't create an hybrid c: disk or in other words, the unallocated space is still not avaliable.

Link to image 1

Link to image 2

Link to image 3

Hope the screens will help to find a solution.

Thanks guys.

Regards. Lenart.

Moderator note: images larger than 50k converted to links per forum rules:  Lenovo Community Participation Rules

Please either resize your images before posting, or upload to a free image hosting site and post as links.  Posting such large images makes it difficult for members with slower internet connections to view the site.

Thanks and regards,

Z.

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,288
Message 15 of 29

Firstly did you follow the steps of the document correctly. Please have a look at it again and read everything. might have mussed a step. If still no success then please do a onekey recovery.
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
msrkanurag
Punch Card
Views: 1,275
Message 16 of 29

You seem to have done everything right...but what is the D: partition on the SSD??

Makes sure you have only 4 partitions includeing the "LENOVO" and the "LENOVO_PART".

Try to repeat all the steps. It should work.

wlaio
Punch Card
Views: 1,263
Message 17 of 29

Once more I have completly formated SSD, installed win 7 pro on SSD and had only 4 partitions:
 - 1. SSD,
 - 2. HHD unallocated space,
 - 3. HDD LENOVO and
 - 4. HDD Lenovo_Part.

After reinstalling windows I ran (before installing any other kind of drivers) rapiddrivetool.exe. I hoped finally to see my new hybrid disk, but what happened? After restarting, my laptop doesn't want to boot into windows anymore.

There always comes a black screen with message "Windows failed to start...". The only thing I can do is option:
1. continue in some kind of safe boot (recommended) or
2. start windows normally

Then wanted to I once more reinstall Win 7 from DVD and voila -> disk seems to be merged, but the boot doesn't work. This is really not funny anymore and I don't want to spend hours and hours to install win 7.

I realy don't know what to do any more... :/

Maybe some other solutions?

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,256
Message 18 of 29

What about the factory reset(did you try that) One key recovery. Just press the small button besides the powerr button to switch on laptop.
wlaio
Punch Card
Views: 1,239
Message 19 of 29

Once more completely installed windows, installed all drivers and at last installed rapiddrive. SSD and HDD were again not merged, but I can run windows.

When I press the small button it automaticlly runs windows. If I press the button inside windows, the OKR opens but on option:
System Backup:
-> on click I get message: "Current system can not support back up"
Create Recovery Disk:
-> Recovery disc with current system on click I get message: "Current system can not support back up".
-> Factory default recovery disc -> message: "The program cannot find the service partition. This function is currently unavailable."

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,222
Message 20 of 29

Is the 886 gb partition still unallocated. Allocate it and then try.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors