Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
borko3
Paper Tape
Views: 285
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y580 Issues

Hello everyone,

I am having issues when gaming with the Lenovo Y580. I've seen a lot of gaming videos, benchmarks and temperatures given by other people so I suspect that 80-90C is a fine temperature, though my laptop has been doing perfectly fine before and I could play GRID2 on high settings. Now I had an issue where my laptop got very hot (especially HDD) and GRID2 was running at  25 FPS on Medium settings compared to 35~55 FPS on High settings.

I'm going to upload a screenshot to show you my temperatures in idle and while playing GRID2 for about 10 minutes.

The biggest issue is that the game lags. I've tried a lot of things and actually managed to fix it a little bit and it was playable in high settings but it seems to run fine before you start driving, when you go into a higher speed it starts lagging again or maybe it just lags every 10 seconds or so. I don't understand what the issue is and didn't have it before. Amazingly though, I tried running Max Payne 3 on high settings and I don't know at what FPS but the game was running smoothly. Here have a look at my temperatures.

Link to image 1

Link to image 2

Link to image 3

Are those temperatures normal? In the past what really worried me is the HDD hitting 69C (156F).

Moderator note: images totalling more than 50k converted to links per forum rules:  Lenovo Community Participation Rules

DaNiC
Punch Card
Views: 248
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y580 Issues

Holy smokes, that's high!

But there's nothing to do about it, the laptop has insufficient cooling and there's no way to play with the fan settings.

Try to keep HDD temperatures under 53-55.

CPU and GPU under 80.

Buy a cooling pad, set your power setting to balanced and when you play games make sure you are somewhere which is cool.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors