Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

11 Posts

01-17-2013

Poland

41 Signins

178 Page Views

• Views: 178
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Y580 - Lenovo Warranty service in Poland. Destroyed Notebook.

2013-08-31, 15:57 PM

Let's start from the beginning.
Near the end of June 2012 I got notebook from my parents for good assessments in school. Device more and more needed because of the interests and every once in a while needed to take outside house. I got to spend 4000PLN which is around 1240$ choice become quite hard. I was require from device quad core CPU and powerful GPU connected to the 15.6 inch LED Full HD Screen. Looking after my first Notebook I was choosing between Lenovo Y580 (i7/8GB/GTX660M/750GB/FHD) and Dell Inspirion with (i7/8GB/HD7XX0M and HD screen). Because of the powerful components and nice appearance I got Y580.
Honestly ? Until now I wasn't regret this choice...
I got great Notebook with powerful components which makes me happy user of Lenovo. For use from X years classic PC even Notebook was using more than DTR than portable computer with full mean of this words.
After almost year after bought date there begin to first problems. Quite small but it needed to be fixed soon as possible. ENTER key got problem. To work properly I was need to press in special point. If I wasn't doing this the ENTER wasn't working at all. Really annoying when I was working on Android apps. After I was detect the keyboard problem I called to polish support phone number. After kindly chat I got information about How to give my notebook to warranty service and UPS reference number. Next day UPS courier take my notebook packed inside pack from SilentiumPC cooling pack. Notebook was covered around using bubble wrap and some tape. In the same way as notebook was packed AC and supply cable. (Lenovo Poland tells you that service won’t send your Notebook back using the same packing which you used to send him to service. So if you want to keep your Lenovo factory packing you need to send to service using replacement packing). Couple days later I got my notebook back with changed keyboard and cleaned fan (overheating). Now I could back to work.
Beginning of summer 2013. Time to work quietly after hard school year on project that I didn't get time during school. Lenovo was working perfectly. What more I could want ?
But soon came big problems.. On the begging of august I saw dangerous thing. From HDD came worrying noise. 1 August I took my smartphone and I recorded this at once. After this at one upload into my YouTube account YouTube video. After quietly looking after some results in Google I decided to send my Notebook to warranty service again. Meanwhile my HDD totally died and I didn't backup all of the projects. Quietly sad but I was thinking that after 3-4 days I will get him back from service, True was much more painful. 7 August I called to the Lenovo Poland support call center because I just came back from holiday and I requested UPS courier to take my Y580 to warranty service again. I told about the main problem - HDD but It wasn't all. I got problems with loose DC-IN port and quietly loud ESC key. Remembering the "rules of packing" I went to basement to take the packing inside which one I get Notebook back from service after first time. The same after the first time I packed my Notebook properly to get him back without damages with help from my father which work as quality controller in professional electronic factory. The same as the first time we packed Notebook around using bubble wrap and some tape. The same way was packed AC and supply cable. Before the send to service my notebook was in perfect state. Just like brand new without any scratches. You can see the state before send to service on video on YouTube. You can see too that around LCD screen is factory cover - yes it wasn't disturbing me and it covered LCD frame from scratches. Notebook was send on 8 August. In Friday (9.08) I was in Hospital so I cannot know how repair of my notebook is going now. I checked on UPS website in Saturday how the tracking of the pack is going. My notebook came to service in Friday (9.08). In Monday morning I call to call center to get information how the repair is going. I heard that everything is ok and soon I will get him back from service. "Notebook is after first round of tests and he is going into next one because of the DC-IN port". Satisfied went to take a rest after surgery.
But there was something that makes me disturbed. I called again and I heard that service found mechanical damage. This was surprising. I wanted to get more information about which component the damage cause. They told me that I will get valuation in Tuesday but probably Lenovo Poland get to many notebooks with "damages" so I get valuation in Wednesday. Cost : 1261.68 PLN included tax . ~ 390 $. This was really sad.
„Parts to change beyond warrant: HDD (destroyed after fall), LCD cover (destroyed after fall), frame around LCD (destroyed after fall), upper case (destroyed after fall), DC-IN port (destroyed connector latches, loose port).”
One big shock. But the best are pictures provided by service (Jabil Bydgoszcz is repairing devices from IdeaPad series on warranty door-to-door inside Poland). Enjoy:
Photos 1
Ok. I need try to explain this absurd situation. I need to write an appeal from service decision. Of course the reply is just normal copy-past, which probably match to 90% all case which Lenovo Poland consider to. Sorry but I wont translate this text. It's in Polish and the main conclusion is that I send them destroyed notebook and it is impossible that to damages there during the transport or during service repair.
„Szanowny Panie,
W odpowiedzi na pańskie odwołanie uprzejmie informuję, iż wykluczone jest, by do niżej wymienionych uszkodzeń doszło na etapie serwisowania. Na potwierdzenie przesyłam zdjęcie z przyjęcia sprzętu, które wykonywane jest po odebraniu sprzętu od kuriera, a jeszcze przed skierowaniem sprzętu do naprawy. Na potwierdzenie serwis dysponuje dodatkowo dokładną notatką z przyjęcia sprzętu ze szczegółowo opisanymi uszkodzeniami. Ze względu na bardzo dobry stan opakowania można również wykluczyć możliwość uszkodzenia sprzętu w transporcie- to jest powód, dla którego serwis nie będzie reklamował u przewoźnika (UPS) możliwości uszkodzenia w transporcie. Zapewne przyzna Pan mi rację, iż w przypadku gdyby o takiego uszkodzenia doszło w trakcie transportu, to niemożliwe byłoby jednoczesne zachowanie dobrego stanu opakowania przy takich uszkodzeniach komputera.
Podsumowując: po analizie materiałów, którymi dysponuje serwis jednoznacznie wykluczam możliwość uszkodzenia pańskiego sprzętu zarówno na etapie serwisowania jak również w trakcie transportu.
W związku z powyższym ja ze swojej strony mogę zaoferować Panu jedynie naprawę na zasadach pogwarancyjnym, tj. naprawę płatną. Warunki gwarancji nie zezwalają na usunięcie takich uszkodzeń w ramach gwarancji.”

Hello Lenovo?! You want that I need to paid you for repair parts that you destroyed ? No way... It's the proper way of take care about customer device which cost more than 1200$ ?
To this appeal reply I get one more photo which is ridiculous. This's the screenshot of some device take from somewhere. This is ridiculous.
Enjoy:
Photo 2
Now after full appeal way in Lenovo Poland and after contact with person inside Lenovo Poland responsibly for appeals in Poland and as you can guess I got again negative reply. I contacted with City Customer Law in Gdynia when I gave full documentation. The reply from Mrs. was quite sad that this case will finish in court. Let's back to Mr. responsibly for appeals in Lenovo Poland his attitude to customer is totally disrespectful and unprofessional. Nobody contact with me before with information what's the final decision in my case. In the 23.08 morning UPS courier wake me up with pack. Inside was my destroyed Notebook. I’m really happy that courier gave me some time to call to call center to get some information about what’s going on. There I heard that my appeal is rejected and I need to take pack from courier. If not I will be charged of the cost of again send.
Until now I didn't get official information with rejection of my appeal with justification. It's serious way to take care about customer ? In Poland to get any information about repair you need to call to call center because something like automatic email center is impossible. The contact on way Lenovo Poland- Customer is insufficient.
I got notebook which is unable to use and destroyed. Lenovo Poland is telling that everything's ok and the damages are made by me. Not bad ... but this isn't all. Contact with Lenovo Poland is unpleasant. Employees are unpleasant and really not too much nice. When someone contacted with me the message was normal copy-paste and the build of automatic system service information is probably too big challenge to create something like this in Poland. To get any information you need to call to the Call Center. I'm the high school student and I need notebook to school. Situation like this is really hard to me because "I'm on Ice". Now I have got destroyed device and I haven't got money to buy new one. Please Lenovo help me !
I shared in Polish my story on the blog PCLab in Poland -> Source . I just translated my story into English to share with worldwide community. After the publish on PCLab blog Lenovo Poland contacted with me via Facebook and they propose me to give me replacement Notebook during the repair for which I need to pay. This is unbelievable how customer can be treated by Lenovo in Poland. I'm really disappointed. Please Lenovo help me with this absurd situation !

Lenovo Y580
i7-3610QM / 8GB / 750GB / GTX660M 2GB / Win 7 64x
Options

11 Posts

01-17-2013

Poland

41 Signins

178 Page Views

• Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y580 - Lenovo Warranty service in Poland. Destroyed Notebook.

2013-09-01, 9:16 AM

YouTube -> Click

Lenovo Y580
Options

11 Posts

01-17-2013

Poland

41 Signins

178 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y580 - Lenovo Warranty service in Poland. Destroyed Notebook.

2013-09-05, 14:43 PM

PCLab Blog ->Click

Lenovo Y580
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms