Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

12 Posts

11-04-2013

Netherlands

29 Signins

395 Page Views

• Views: 395
  • Message 1 of 1

Lenovo Y580 SSD HDD separated by Ccleaner?

2016-11-22, 17:19 PM

Ok so here is the deal, I own a Y580-M772CMH 15.6FHD/i7-3610QM/8G/ laptop with Windows 7

and a few weeks ago I used Ccleaner to clean the registry and like the dumb stupid person I am did not pay attention to what it was "cleaning".

Next time I booted up my Laptop it failed to start Windows and gave the following message:

Check cable connection!

PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.
No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

So next time I pressed F2 while booting to see:

Boot Device Priority
Internal HDD: SAMSUNG MZMPC064HBDR-000L1
SATA HDD: ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB
SATA ODD: Optiarc BD ROM BC-5550H
Network Boot: Atheros Boot Agent

To me it looked like I still had both disks working so I put in a Windows ISO before boot to see if I could repair. The following System Recovery Options screen showed me no OS existing.

So I powered down and used One Key Recovery which told me when I clicked to restore to factory conditions that the partition layout has changed.

Finally I used a bootable Partition Wizard and that showed me this:

To my layman's eyes it seems like the SSD and HDD that are normally combined by a Lenovo software Raid are now separate? Something I deleted with Ccleaner by accident that caused it (probably)?

Main thing is, I actually don't know what the problem is and so don't know how to proceed.

Can I even save my data (I'm afraid not)? I've been linked this as a solution but the links in there on step 5 of the solution

5, Download these files:

http://www.sevenforums.com/attachments/tutorials/191008d1325460004-bootable-iso-create-installation-...

http://www.sevenforums.com/attachments/tutorials/191009d1325460050-bootable-iso-create-installation-...

and extract them.

aren't working anymore. So... now what

Thank you in advance.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms